Glatfelter has undertaken an enterprise-wide digital transformation to harmonize the disparate operations of multiple international business units into one global, common system. Our global, simple, standard and modern business model is being constructed using agile design principles power by SAP, S/4 Hana, an industry leading Manufacturing System from Honeywell - Optivision. Additionally, we are developing cutting-edge shop floor analytics, integrating data from our ERP, MES and machine/sensor data for improved real-time decision making to improve quality and gain better asset utilization and yield. Apply today to be part of a winning team making this vision a reality!
The IT SAP Analyst leads and/or executes the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and operational support for SAP solutions supporting the Global Finance organization. Specifically, the IT SAP Analyst will deliver and support solutions related to General Ledger Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Product Costing, Material Ledger, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, and Financial Planning. The IT SAP Analyst works with multiple stakeholders to understand and document the end-to-end business processes and related challenges – then recommends, builds and implements one or more IT software solutions to support the processes. The IT SAP Analyst spends roughly 20% of their time working directly with their business partners (e.g. controller, finance manager) supporting day-to-day operations of the record-to-report business processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate business process reviews to gather expected business outcomes and functional requirements; document end-to-end processes, related IT systems and functional business requirements (include people, process and technology etc.).
- Translates functional business requirements into logical and physical design specifications to configure, document and test elements of system design across multiple functional groups; leads design reviews.
- Defines and documents re-usable test cases; builds test objects and data as needed; participates in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing.
- Sets schedules, timelines, scope, outcome/value maps, and other project artifacts; creates estimates for upcoming projects.
- Creates estimates for upcoming projects.
- Performs 24X7 on-call applications support responsibilities per the team rotation schedule.
- Understands best practice business processes to ensure compliance and end use support in a highly regulated environment.
- Provides risk analysis to business partners for proposed solutions
- Supports concurrent work assignments across applications and diverse user groups; works to resolve system issues.
- Configures, develops and tests elements of system design. Documents support materials including functional and technical specifications for use within IT.
- Maintains and develops internal business relationships to influence successful project outcomes.
Ten or more years of Information Technology or related experience supporting Finance business systems. Minimum of 5 years SAP experience required. Experience in Engineered Products or Paper industries preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Financial Accounting.
Key competencies required:
Business acumen and global finance process competency
Strong SAP knowledge of the FI/CO module and related integration with MM, PP, PM and SD
Working knowledge of other SAP modules (e.g. SD, MM, PP, PM, BI, etc.)
Working knowledge of SAP ABAP, userexits, customer mods, etc.
Demonstrated understanding and application of system development life-cycle
Ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization. This role requires strong technical skills, an interest/passion in understanding and improving finance business processes and good communication skills.