MECHANICAL FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
AROL, Group, based in Canelli, Italy, manufactures high performance Capping Machinery and Inspection & Control Systems. For more than 37 years, AROL’s capping technologies have been applied to a wide range of closure types, including screw caps, roll-on aluminum closures, corks, press-on closures, plugs, fitments and lids. For more than 15 years, FT System has provided inspection and control equipment to the packaging industry for both primary and secondary package inspection.
The position will report directly to the Customer Care Service Manager.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Field Service Technician’s main responsibility is to provide satisfactory customer service on Arol provided equipment as a member of the Customer Care Service team. The position requires a broad understanding of the company’s products, the closing systems industry (caps), and the ability to support the company’s efforts to improve customer care.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Up to 75% travel to customers facilities to install, diagnose, and repair Arol capping equipment.
- Travel may include weekend and overnight work as needed per the customer’s production schedule
- Work will be mostly mechanical in nature, including rebuilds and component replacement such as bearings, gears, and machine components.
- Interact with and professionally communicate with customers and Arol departments regarding service and product issues.
- Understand issues and communicate them to other by means of drawings, photos, and reports.
- Provide remote support via phone calls, emails to other Field Service Engineers, management, engineering and the client as needed.
- Commission and supervise of the installation of Arol capping equipment and provide training to the end user.
- Promote the companies service and parts programs and identify additional customer care opportunities.
- Adhere to internal processes and implementation of field service systems to improve the efficiency and department organization.
- Travel within North America and internationally will be required as needed.
- Other duties as assigned from the Service Manager.
- Enhance the company’s competitive position in the closing systems market.
- Assist the company in maintaining and improving relationships with key accounts.
- Demonstrate professional level skills to positively motivate, overcome barriers, and act as champion / change agent for continuous organizational improvement.
- Support the territory’s sales growth efforts in both traditional AROL customer base and with new accounts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Summary of Qualifications:
Any combination of training and experience, which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, will be considered and could include:
- At least two years’ experience in customer service or maintenance in an industrial environment
- A formal education in instrumentation, electronics, or similar technical nature focused on automated packaging equipment.
Attributes of an Ideal Candidate:
- Technical aptitude, in both mechanical & automation areas, with machine setup & control theory understanding.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation, drawings, and schematics.
- Results-oriented, self-confident, self-motivated, takes initiative, persistent
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to develop and maintain effective customer relationships and collaborative business relationships.
- Natural customer centric orientation
- Presentation skills; persuasive written and verbal communication
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to adopt proprietary CRM systems (LYRA)
- Ability to travel regularly – 75% or more
- Up to two weeks at one time
- West Coast of continental US
- Northeast region including New York
- Other markets include: Dallas Fort-Worth, Chicago, Detroit, Louisville
Please remit salary requirements
Job Type: Full-time