A rewarding job. A balanced life.
Like most companies, Wayne Homes has a list of values that we strive to live up to. But to keep this from getting long and boring, we’ll just reduce all those values to a single idea: do right by everyone. In other words, we want to give customers not just a great home but a great buying experience. And we very much want to give employees not just a job that pays well but a career that promotes wellness. That offers a rich, balanced life.
At Wayne Homes, we’re continuously evolving and improving our career and compensation program. And within our list of benefits, we provide unique opportunities to grow your income, advance your career and enhance your personal well-being.
For example, in addition to medical insurance, your benefits will include AccelWell, which gives you access to health coaches as well as personalized meal and workout plans. We’ll give you RAK Days (a.k.a. Random Acts of Kindness Days), when you can knock off work and volunteer for the community cause of your choice. We’ll actively promote your career growth with tuition assistance and opportunities for advancement. We love a good party, so expect quarterly and annual company celebrations. And when you’re ready to build a Wayne home of your own, you’ll get a very nice employee discount.
Of course, these benefits are in addition to all the standard stuff — 401k, paid holidays, generous paid time off and so on.
It all comes down to this. We want happy customers because a happy customer is a loyal customer. And we want happy employees because a happy employee is a great addition to the Wayne Homes family.
Open Position: New Home Consultant
At Wayne Homes, we guide customers in understanding more deeply what they need and want in a home. By helping them find the Wayne Homes floor plan that best suits their needs and assisting them in customizing that plan, it makes a perfectly personalized fit for the new homeowner. Creating a space that makes such a large impact in someone’s life? Now that is what makes the job of New Home Consultant so fulfilling.
Regarding your schedule, you’ll be working full-time including weekends, since that’s when most people go shopping for a home. But you’ll have two consecutive days off during the week, and our Model Home Centers are closed most major holidays.
Here’s another big part of the job. As a New Home Consultant, you will be the first impression that most people have of Wayne Homes. But no pressure. Just be your natural, positive, well-informed, well-organized, happy-to-help self, and you’ll do great.
What other tasks will you be responsible for in your day-to-day? We are so glad you asked.
- Generate sales to meet sales goals – we want to make sure you get paid!
- Maintain thorough notes and updates in the sales system about your customers
- Conduct customer meetings – get comfy with your computer camera because these could be in person or virtual
- Effectively utilize sales, construction, and marketing tools to properly educate your customers – you’re the pro!
- Let your creativity fly by creating custom drawings for your customers based on their needs and wants
- Develop a robust product knowledge of all products offered to customers – including but not limited to, specifications, warranties, installation techniques, etc.
- Models that look great help our customers visualize their space – help maintain these by daily model walks
- Accurately use the 3 Steps to Great Service method
- Go the extra mile for your customer – small, special touches go the longest way!
- Continual learning is important to us and we hope it is to you to – find opportunities to continue to grow
- Work with your Sales Manager to track, project, and plan for future sales
Now that you know what you will be doing, what qualifications are we looking for?
- A driven individual who wants limitless earning potential
- Stable work history – sales experience is preferred
- A flexible individual with a willingness to adapt
- Ability to organize and pay attention to details – because even the small ones matter!
- An individual resilient and determined to succeed
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Spending Account
- Paid Time Off, including paid time for volunteering in your community
- Employee Retail Discounts
- Referral Program
- Tuition Assistance
Job Type: Full-time