With 85 years of experience, Osmose Utilities Services proudly serves the electric utility and telecommunications industries across America, helping enable the delivery of safe, reliable and affordable electricity and communications services to millions of customers nationwide.
We are the industry leaders for wood, steel and underground structure assets condition assessment, life-extension and rehabilitation services. Our mission is to accurately inspect and mitigate aging infrastructure in a planned, program based manner that minimizes owner costs while maximizing benefits.
Headquartered in Georgia, the Osmose footprint extends throughout the country. Our employees are inspired to perform each and every day by our core values of integrity, customer focus, safety, and excellence. Our staff and field personnel represent some of the most tenured, well trained, and innovative professionals in the industry.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of field crews performing inspection and repairs to underground electric facilities in vaults and service boxes. Primary work location is heavily focused in NYC and Westchester County.
- Safety: Uphold the company's safety standards. Train and supervise field crews to be aware of and avoid workplace hazards. Monitor driving habits of those authorized to drive company vehicles. Improve the safety performance each year as measured by published safety indicators.
- Quality & Customer Relations: Train, equip and supervise field crews to consistently perform high quality work. Ensure that the terms and conditions of every contract are met to the customer's complete satisfactio
- Field Production: Provide field crew personnel with the work environment, tools and knowledge necessary to meet and exceed production goals. Ensure crews under your supervision work a full week with a full crew. Develop excellent work practices and pace to meet or exceed job completion schedules.
- Manpower: Recruit and hire qualified people to satisfy crew capacity needs. Train Foremen to hire and retain Crew Members. Maintain full crews consistently.
- Expense Control: Monitor and maintain acceptable levels of spending on expense items such as fuel, vehicle maintenance, vehicle usage, tools, supplies, lodging and living allowance, etc. Review and approve crew payrolls on a weekly basis for accuracy, errors and inconsistencies. Ensure the proper vehicle and equipment is used on each job.
- Self-Development: Strive to improve one's professional performance leading to a successful career and the potential for upwardly mobile growth.
- Administration: Be an effective communicator. Use business tools to help you make decisions and improve results. Be timely with paperwork, e-mails and telephone responses associated with keeping management and customers informed about the jobs you are responsible for. Ensure all regulatory requirements, such as DOT and pesticide licensing are met.
- Other: Contribute to other projects and plans, not specifically noted, necessary to reach the objectives of the assigned territory or company.
- College degree or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position; outdoor supervisory background a plus.
- Journeyman level experience a Cable Splicer on low, medium, or high voltage power cables a plus.
- Strong knowledge of basic AC and DC electrical power theory and circuit analysis, including three phase AC systems.
- Valid OSHA 10 (Construction) & First Aid/CPR/AED a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have a higher level of technology skills needed to learn Osmose’s [Data Collection Platform/Business Intelligence Tools/Payroll Reports, etc.]
- Basic or working knowledge of the NESC and GEO 95 preferred, but not required.
- Must be organized and have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to use general math skills to derive at results, calculate and review figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, schedules etc.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to train and develop others with the capacity and desire for management and employee development.
- Must enforce and comply with Company policies and prohibit harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Come grow with us! Full-time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance and Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, Critical Illness Plan and more!
- 401(k) with excellent company match
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, floating holidays)
Osmose is an Equal Opportunity employer. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Type: Full-time