The Design Manager is a member of the Design Team responsible for supporting new construction projects for Class A multi-family projects - including amenity spaces, common areas and unit finishes and project signage. This will require working with the Director of Design and Design Team Coordinator to coordinate with Developers, project architects, construction team and sub-contractors, as well as develop relationships with manufacturers, product representatives and related services.
- Track and coordinate FF+E packages for apartment units;
- Travel, including site visits and meetings;
- Work with graphics and signage firms on collaterals and sign packages;
- Coordinate with art consultants for project installations;
- Construction administration and coordination with construction team;
- Other projects as assigned.
SKILLS / JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Design, or related field.
- Experience: 5-8 years’ experience working in an interiors or design related office. Basic understanding of program requirements and finishes for multi-family or hospitality projects as well as awareness of submittals review processes. Computer proficiency required – AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel.
The position requires ability to travel 10 – 30%, nationally and locally;
The position requires excellent communication skills, organizational and time management skills;
Ability to coordinate and track finish selections for interior and exterior spaces;
Ability to read and understand architectural or technical drawings;
Ability to communicate with outside consultants including architects, interior designers, sign designers, graphic designers, etc.
Ability to communicate graphically.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.