McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Analyst, Capital Markets and Risk
Capital One’s Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) Strategy team is seeking a highly motivated, talented, and collaborative professional to join the group as a Principal Analyst. The FTP Strategy team is responsible for creating, managing, and maintaining an effective and robust FTP framework to facilitate interest rate risk management of the company, enable business lines to make the right product and pricing decisions, and properly measure the financial performance of each business line. The team partners with the company’s business lines as well as various corporate functions, understanding interest rate dynamics of business products, funding and liquidity management at top of the house, and ensuring true funding costs are correctly reflected in product economics and segment P&L.
The Principal Analyst position will work with other teams within Balance Sheet Management, as well as additional partner teams within Finance, Tech, and our Business Lines on FTP assumptions and methodologies. The role requires exceptional problem solving, innovation, analytical and communication skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships across multiple teams to understand business strategies and their implications on the Balance Sheet. The right candidate should be able to work in the white space, make judgement call based on established principles, and be able to influence business partners and senior leadership. We also expect our analysts to utilize new tools and technologies to make the decision-making process more efficient.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Propose FTP assumptions and methodologies for business products and initiatives
- Partner with the Planning Innovation team to implement FTP assumption and methodology changes
- Conduct FTP education sessions
- Build and maintain FTP modules of the FTP micro-service
- Partner with the business line finance team to support strategic analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience within a financial institution
- 4+ years of experience within a financial institution
- 2+ years of banking experience within treasury function
- 2+ years of experience in financial modeling and analysis
- 1+ year experience with financial engineering
- Experience with AWS reporting tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.