We are seeking a bright and enthusiastic Systems Engineer who can hit the ground running. We are rapidly expanding our data management and articulation capabilities. As such, there is enormous opportunity for learning, innovating and being involved in the development of new services. We need a hard-working, self-starter with a can-do attitude to join our growing team of systems professionals. You will be part of a core team delivering cutting-edge services to very large business customers and mass-market consumers on a global stage.
The ideal candidate will have experience in troubleshooting new system environments and leading proposed fixes. They will have an aversion to manual tasks and an instinct for automating repetitive tasks into programs and scripts. They will have a solid knowledge of SQL. Most importantly, they will be cautiously curious and seek out opportunities for innovation, learning, and responsibility.
- Solid understanding of Linux command line (Centos and Red Hat).
- Experience installing, configurating and maintaining of Hypervisor (XenServer).
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, system configuration and experience troubleshooting routing, switching, load balancing.
- Familiar with Configuration Management software (Puppet, Chef or SaltStack) and package management.
- Ability to do capacity planning/management for production systems.
- Maintain current server patches including updates for Windows and Linux systems.
- Ability to use code to create custom solutions for needs as they come up, and to continually improve process quality and efficiency.
- Ability to script and automate tasks using at least one of the following languages: Perl, Python, PHP, Powershell, or bash. Working knowledge of Java.
- Experience with Cloud platforms preferable AWS and Azure.
- Familiarity with virtual networks, virtual machines, and hosted data services.
- Familiarity with automation tools e.g. Terraform.
- Familiarity with Dynatrace, Pingdom, OpsGene, or other Cloud monitoring tools.
- Monitor system status, activity, and capacity. Experience creating custom monitors for Nagios.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects while remaining detail oriented.
- Define, document, and perform system maintenance and diagnostic procedures.
- Participate in architecture, capacity planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all system assets and licenses.
- Monitor ticket tracking system and monitoring systems without supervision.
- Assist in creation and deployment of disaster recovery & business continuity plans.
- Experience with Splunk or other log search tools.
- Demonstrate robust attention to detail and commitment to quality in all outputs.
- Provide technical leadership and knowledge sharing to other team members.
- Communicate, written and oral, in a professional fashion.
- Accurately and professionally document all work.
- Troubleshooting issues expediently and directly to root cause.
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Escalate support with outside consultants/vendors when necessary.
- Transfer technical knowledge to others team members.
- Seek out expertise from other team members.
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- 3+ years of related industry experience, working with large data sets in a high-availability, transactional environment.
- Certification or Degree in related field desired.
- Experience with compliance standards desired (PCI or ISO).
Airbiquity ® is a global leader in connected vehicle services and pioneer in the development and engineering of automotive telematics technology. Airbiquity operates the industry’s most advanced cloud-based connected vehicle service delivery platform: Choreo™, and supports all leading use cases including over-the-air (OTA) software and data management. Working with Airbiquity, automakers and automotive suppliers are deploying highly scalable, reliable, and manageable connected vehicle services meeting the safety, entertainment, and convenience needs of their customers in over 60 countries around the world. Learn more about Airbiquity at www.airbiquity.com or join the conversation @airbiquity.
We’re a private company headquartered in the Seattle, Washington with offices in Detroit, Michigan, United Kingdom, Germany and Japan. We’re obsessed with the connected car experience, fusion on content and services across devices, potential of cloud computing, and helping our customers achieve their business goals. We operate in a highly competitive market place and hire bright, talented and innovative people to power our company forward.
Benefits: 100% employer paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. Transportation subsidy, Flexible Spending Account, Vacation, Sick, 401(k), free snacks and beverages, casual work environment and waterfront office.
Airbiquity OTAmatic Awards:
- Airbiquity is a Winner of the 2018 Silver Edison Award for Innovative Services
- Airbiquity OTAmatic Named 2017 New Product of the Year by Business Intelligence Group
- Airbiquity is a Winner of the 2017 Stratus Award for Cloud Computing
Airbiquity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
APPLY: http://www.airbiquity.com OR careers@airbiquity
Job Type: Full-time