The Law Foundation of Silicon Valley advances the rights of under-represented individuals and families
in our diverse community through legal services, strategic advocacy, and educational outreach. The Law
Foundation advances justice through its comprehensive legal services and advocacy programs. Our
programs include housing, children and youth, and health.
With over 80 employees, the Law Foundation is the largest provider of free legal services in the South
Bay. Located in downtown San Jose, the Law Foundation is a dynamic and interesting place to work.
We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is motivating, collaborative and fun, with
plenty of opportunities for professional growth. The Law Foundation provides the highest quality of
legal representation to its clients.
Summary of Position
The Events Assistant is a temporary and part-time position assisting the Development Department with
the silent auction for its annual Celebration of Justice dinner taking place on Thursday, April 25, 2019.
This is the Law Foundation’s premier event and is attended by over 800 prominent members of the
business and legal community. The Events Assistant will identify, solicit, and track all silent auction
items. The ideal candidate is task oriented, has excellent attention to detail, enjoys making a difference,
and being part of a team.
This position is temporary, January-April 2019, and part-time, approximately 10-15 hours per week,
possibly more during and after the event. This is a non-benefitted position. The pay for this position is
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow-up with all previous auction supporters by mail, phone, and email for renewed support
- Develop a list of additional potential targets for silent auction items that fit within the profile of
event attendees and enhance the variety of items offered and follow-up with solicitations
- Arrange for pick up / delivery of items (most are delivery)
- Prepare displays for all auction items and appropriate signage
- Prepare thank you letters to send after the event
- Enter auction gifts into the event database, including value, detailed and motivating
descriptions, and restrictions
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Silent Auction experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong administrative skills and excellent attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to learn database requirements for the event database
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and conscientious
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Dedication to the mission of the Law Foundation
- Interest in the nonprofit sector
- Valid CA driver’s license and access to a vehicle for transportation
The Law Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage
people of color, women, people with disabilities, older people and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and
transgender people to apply. It is the policy of the Law Foundation to prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants,
without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition or genetic information, veteran status, national
origin, disability, marital or other protected status. The Law Foundation will conform to the spirit, as
well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Send cover letter, resume and three references via email: email@example.com
ADA Accessible Facility - Equal Opportunity Employer - Drug-Free Workplace