Red Ventures is both a marketing company and a technology company. We are expanding nationally and globally. We operate in a myriad of industries, each with unique compliance and legal needs.
With an environment that presents unique and changing challenges, it’s with excitement that we begin our search for a talented, multi-faceted Corporate Counsel to join our growing legal team. You will work with our business teams to ensure that we remain in adherence to legal standards and in-house policies as it pertains to a variety of transactional agreements and general compliance matters.
Our Corporate Counsel works closely with our business teams to push the needle forward as a partner in the deal. We are looking for someone who is well-versed in M&A and corporate governance best practices, someone who can advise and guide teams to the best decision. You should be someone who enjoys staying abreast of changing industry standards, particularly in digital marketing and technology. You should be a professional of high ethical standards and work diligently to complete your duties while keeping the objectives of the business in mind.
- Lead attorney supporting all activities of Red Ventures’ Corporate Development team.
- Providing guidance and support on various corporate governance matters.
- Be an integral part of the business teams’ efforts to establish and evaluate existing and potential business relationships.
- Advise, structure, draft, and negotiate documents and agreements related to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, partnership, divestiture, and other business combinations.
- Support due diligence in all areas (e.g., corporate, tax, intellectual property, security) in connection with such transactions.
- Advise, structure, draft, and negotiate agreements related to equity investments, securities offerings and other financing documents.
- Draft, negotiate, and support the Human Resource team with employment agreements, severance agreements, and other matters related to the Corporate Development’s activities.
- Prepare, maintain, and file all corporate governance documents, organizational documents, company structure, management of corporate entities state filings, and other related recordkeeping.
- Support the CEO, CFO, and other teams in connection with board and investor meetings.
- Draft, negotiate, and support the Property Management Team, with property leases, broker agreements and other related matters.
- Provide management team with day-to-day legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation.
- Work closely with General Counsel on risk assessment and on compliance-related processes and procedures to support the company’s compliance environment and ever-present focus on quality.
- Coordinate with outside counsel on litigation and specialized issues as required.
About Red Ventures:
- 5-10 years of experience working with senior management in connection with M&A/Corp Development Practice Area. Prior in-house experience a plus.
- Strong M&A experience preferred.
- Outstanding negotiating, communication, drafting, and writing skills.
- Possess a high degree of business savvy, integrity, candor, intellectual curiosity, and self-motivation.
- Strategic thinking and innovative, creative problem-solving, often in unprecedented cutting-edge scenarios.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, with a well-developed sense of humor, fun and adventure.
- Previous experience operating effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfortable with change, and ability to pivot quickly as needs and priorities change. Think fast, work fast, react fast, adapt fast.
- Effective listening and diagnostic skills. Capable of assessing and managing appropriate levels of risk consistent with upholding the law and maintaining the company’s high ethical standards while helping drive the business forward.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and a significant workload of diverse matters in a timely and accurate manner.
- Fast and eager learner. Demonstrated ability to gain knowledge of the business and become an integral business partner.
- Team player with a strong orientation toward collaborative, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to see and proactively move toward the bigger picture without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Willing to go the extra mile to get the job done and done properly. Must have fun while doing so!
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.