The Management Trainee is an entry-level management position. A Management Trainee will be assigned a mentor and a training plan that provides for formal skills development and upward mobility within our organization. The role of the Management Trainee is to learn the high standards of our company and processes and procedures associated with the world-class service for which we are known.
This on-the-job training path is designed for individuals who have a keen desire to learn the basic management skills, such as:
- Team building,
- Setting productivity goals
- Assuring quality
- Handling customer complaints
- Managing product and inventory.
Below is a representative list of the duties and responsibilities you will learn and develop in this position.
- Support the Manager and/or Assistant Manager in every aspect
- Share responsibility for overseeing all personnel of the store and managing the day-to-day operations of the store
- Assist in team building activities, gradually taking over more responsibility
- Teach by example
- Assist in setting productivity goals
- Learn to perform daily lower bay quality assurance inspections. Once trained, perform these as per schedule and train other employees as needed.
- Assist in monitoring all service personnel in the performance of their assigned duties
- Provide training and feedback (positive and negative) on an ongoing basis
- Learn the customer complaint process, including the appropriate forms to be completed
- Comply with all administrative processes and procedures
- Provide applications or directions to on-line application for all walk-ins seeking employment
- Assist in performing reviews of staff
- Provide the Store Manager with any applicable suggestions or recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or any other status change of store employees
- Assure that all new staff are trained on procedures that must be followed daily by all store personnel
- Assist in training all employees on store inspection criteria
- Appropriately fill out work orders for needed repairs to equipment once authorized
- Ensure adequate tools and properly operating equipment are available
- Assist in monitoring inventory levels to ensure adequate stock
- Participate in performing weekly inventory
- Ensure that all products are in proper location and sequence.
At CBI, the team concept extends to every position, from the entry level employee to the President. Our neat and professional appearance, both inside and out, is our collective responsibility. It is, therefore, everyone's responsibility, for example, to pick up trash, cut grass, clean bathrooms, sweep floors, etc. Whatever it takes! The job description describes the material duties and responsibilities of this position at CBI's locations. However, the job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list but rather a general description of the position. In every position, employees are expected to perform the duties and responsibilities assigned to them by their supervisors, regardless of whether such duties and responsibilities are described in the job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A high school diploma/GED required
- Post-secondary education or coursework desired
- One to two years prior experience within the industry expected
- Prior experience with management
This is a rare opportunity to develop your career in management in a highly structured environment. If you believe that you have both the desire and the aptitude for this opportunity, then we welcome you to continue with this application process.