Riddle Village, a lifecare retirement community, is seeking Dietary Aides to join our dining department team on a part-time basis. Schedules are made up of shifts from 4 PM - 7:15 PM and include every other weekend
About Riddle Village and Our Employees:
Riddle Village offers the best value among life care communities in the Delaware Valley. The community was developed to meet the retirement and healthcare needs of active, independent adults age 62 and better. Should it ever be needed, Riddle Village's lifecare protection plan provides access to the Community's health care services onsite, offering both assisted living and skilled nursing. In addition, Riddle Village offers all of the social, recreational, educational and cultural activities a resident could want in a vital, thriving community. The Community is proud to provide our residents several dining venue options, offering fine dining, buffet, pub-style, and café services.
Considering all of the services and amenities available to our residents, it is easy to understand why Riddle Village is considered retirement living at its finest. But none of this would be possible without our exceptional, dedicated associates.
Riddle Village's culture has a simple philosophy, "Smile and say hello, everything else will follow". Everywhere you turn in the community, you are greeted with a warm smile and a welcoming hello. With over 300 dedicated associates, there is always someone offering our residents a helping hand, a caring ear to listen, or just a friendly smile to let you know that we are all part of the team and together we will continue to make Riddle Village the best community possible. If you are enthusiastic about working with the elderly and you are looking to be part of an incredible team and pleasant work environment, then Riddle Village may be the place for you!
About the Dietary Aide Position:
If you are friendly, sociable, love the elderly, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then this may be a job for you! The Dietary Aide participates in all aspects of meal service in Monticello Skilled Care and Personal Care areas, including food preparation, service and clean up in accordance with established regulations and facility policies and procedures. Safe food handling, correct portion size and quality service techniques for dining room and room trays will be followed. He/she ensures that food is attractive, palatable, served in correct portion sizes at proper temperatures according to physician-specified diet orders.
The Dietary Aide will...
- Review meal service information supervisor on a daily basis.
- Review menu and food portions to ensure the correct quantities of foods are delivered to pantry for correct portions to be served as needed in order to avoid shortages.
- Use proper techniques in food preparation and use of products. Ensure meals are ready to serve on time.
- Serve residents and guests in a dining room setting.
- Help co-workers when they get behind during service, as needed, to maintain a proper flow in service.
- Ensure adherence to food safety and sanitation standards. Ensure the work area is orderly and sanitation practices are enforced at all times.
- Follow safety precautions when using kitchen equipment.
- Perform daily cleaning duties and maintain the cleanliness of the pantry and the refrigerators.
- Demonstrate reliability and consistency in completing duties.
- May be asked to train other dietary aide during orientation.
- May be asked to perform special duties as assigned by members of Senior Management, Director of Dining, Assistant Director, Executive Chef or Dietary Manager.
- Learn the names and seating arrangements of the residents in dining rooms.
- Prepare the individual meals according to the specified diet order.
- Insure proper flavor and consistency of all food that leaves the pantry
Must be 16 years old or older
Must have ability to read, writes, speak and understand English.
Must have ability to perform basic math calculations
Must have ability to organize and prioritize workloads in order to meet established time deadlines and the needs of the department
Must be able to follow verbal and written directions
Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
Must have ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills
Must have genuine interest in working with the elderly, including those with disabilities and special needs
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, both individually and as part of a team
Unless hired for a pool position, Must be able to work a schedule that includes every other weekend
Must be able to stand on hard surfaces for long periods of times; endure exposure to high heat, high humidity levels, and high noise levels; have the ability to bend, reach and grasp; and the ability to lift 40 pounds.