- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
- Experience managing the entire product life cycle for all produce items
- Knowledge of USDA, food safety and hygiene standards
- Utilize proper receiving, handling and spec checks on all product
- Ensure appropriate rotation techniques are used to keep produce at its highest quality at all times
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking Area Managers for our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) throughout the United States. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
- Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
- Partner with other Area Managers to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
You and your team of produce associates are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders.
You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
You will be responsible for the purchasing, merchandising, maintenance and quality control of the site’s Produce department.
In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed……innovation has made us the global company that we are today.
ADDITIONAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- 6-8 years produce management experience
- Experience in inventory management and quality control
- 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.