We are seeking a meetings coordinator professional to join our four-person meetings team to assist us in delivering exceptional events to leadership, members and volunteers. We guarantee a dynamic environment, with a lot of opportunity to learn and continue to develop! If you like to take responsibility for your area of expertise and you don’t mind pitching in and helping out as needed, this might be the job for you.
You will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the planning and execution of all logistical aspects of NATA & NATA Foundation meetings.
- At least three years meeting planning experience
- Ideal candidates will have at least an Associate’s degree.
- Independent worker; takes complete ownership and delivers projects on time.
- Takes a logical and methodical approach to completing projects. Quality over quantity.
- Possesses keen sense of timing (and urgency). Understands when to elevate an issue or concern.
- Demonstrates patience and remains calm under pressure.
- Strong writing and oral communications
- Consummate team member; willing to fill in for others when needed.
- Ability to gauge sensitivity and understand the impact your work has on others.
- Global approach to work; ability to see the big picture and how one’s work contributes to department and organizational goals
- Possess genuine customer service skills and enjoys building relationships.
- Independent planning, production and execution of meetings and events.
- Experience with RFP processes and working directly with facilities and service providers.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Oversee ICW (in conjunction with) meeting space requests including authorization, space assignments/release of space, post-event reporting.
- Oversee convention signs including compiling all sign orders and working with general services contractor to produce and distribute the signs on-site.
- Secure arrangements for all convention special accommodation requests. Monitor the registration system for requests, contact the individual to determine their specific need and make arrangements to meet their needs. Monitor all arrangements on-site.
- Coordinate the NBATA/NATA Blood Drive and Be the Match Marrow Registry drive.
- Coordinate and secure lab equipment for educational programming
- Coordinate the convention packing process for NATA staff
- Coordinate attendee ribbons including maintaining ribbon inventory, ordering, and delivery of ribbons to Ribbon Bar on-site.
- Assist with the execution of convention center & key hotel logistics on-site
- Coordinate the Post-Convention Survey including collaborating with staff to determine questions, distribution to attendees, and creation of the executive summary for staff and key volunteers.
- Contribute content to the Preliminary Program, Convention Guide and Convention Website
- Budget development for assigned tasks
- Assist with pre-convention tasks related to tradeshow and sponsorships.
- Produce 12-15 meetings, and advocacy and educational events per year.
- Maintain district meeting calendars
- Generating replacement CEU certificates and receipts for events
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association is the professional membership association for certified athletic trainers and others who support the athletic training profession. Please visit www.nata.org for more information.
We provide a full complement of benefits including generous leave policies and benefit money provided by NATA to be utilized toward a benefit package that makes sense for each individual employee. We also offer a 401(k) and pension plan, wellness and fitness benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and flextime.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Meeting Planning: 3 years