Athlete Development, Global
Intern, Athlete Development - IRONMAN (Tampa, FL)
The Athlete Development Department within the IRONMAN organization works with a variety of key stakeholders including the All World Athlete (AWA), Tri Club, Time to Tri, and Become One programs, as well as the IRONMAN U business. We are constantly improving on these and developing new programs and processes to further address the needs of specific developing populations within the Triathlon and Running communities.
Reporting to the Athlete Development leadership team, the Athlete Development Intern is responsible for supporting the department through various projects related primarily to IRONMAN and Rock N Roll Marathon Series events. This is not limited to, but will include, monitoring various email in boxes, conducting web research, coordination of department materials, and communication with various stakeholders.
The Athlete Development Intern will engage in reporting and research that supports the overall efficiency and efficacy of the department.
Projects and tasks will include the following:
- Responding to emails from athletes, coaches, race directors and other key stakeholders regarding various Athlete Development programs
- Assisting in the coordination of mass communications pre and post-race
- Award and gift fulfilment for Athlete Development programs
- Creating and organizing information for new or existing programs
- Constant communication with AD team
- Post to, and moderate social media groups
- Work with spreadsheets and database on a regular basis
- Conduct web-based research to support development of new programs
Other duties may include, and are not limited to, providing administrative assistance as needed, to support the Athlete Development team and the IRONMAN organization.
- Ability to proficiently use both PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with CRM applications and/ or Tableau highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to clearly communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Passion for endurance sports and an active lifestyle highly preferred
- Sport Management, Business, or Marketing Major preferred
- Experience working in a professional office environment ideal, but not required
We encourage creativity and innovation in order to expand and develop global initiatives and programs. This internship is designed to encourage the intern to utilize his or her strengths, as every individual has a different area of passion, knowledge, and expertise. The goal for our team is to provide a comprehensive, valued, and positive internship experience with an open line of communication on how our team can continue to provide world class programs for our athletes as well as benefit the overall business needs of our organization. We are seeking individuals with tremendous passion and drive who demonstrate confidence in communication and encompass the ability to take initiative and showcase project leadership regularly. We are dedicated to finding interns who are humble and willing to work for the betterment of the athlete experience.
IRONMAN Internship Information and Requirements:
- Fall 2018 Internships currently available.
- Dates are flexible depending on the hiring manager and intern
- These internships are unpaid and students must be receiving academic credit to be eligible
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.