Want to join a plant-based startup, and make a difference every day for health, animals, and the planet?
We're looking for a fellow vegan to join our mission-driven team in Tempe: LeafSide is a late-stage startup, offering innovative, 100% whole-food plant-based (WFPB) meal packs. Our mission is to make healthy, optimal-nutrition food so simple and easy, that it becomes the societal norm.
We’re looking for a motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join us in our Tempe, AZ office, near the ASU campus.
Desired Candidate Attributes & Experience:
1. Food preparation or similar experience, emphasizing accurate and speedy execution, and cleanliness.
2. Great attention to detail: e.g. reading and following instructions carefully.
3. You enjoy working with your hands in general, and you have above-average hand-eye coordination.
4. Your stamina should be above-average: you'll be on your feet doing light movements, for much of the time at work (with breaks).
5. Proactive, self-motivated: you ask questions and do whatever is needed to ensure work you’re proud of.
6. Positive attitude and willingness to learn in a startup environment: we move and change a lot faster than traditional food companies, and expect all teammates to adopt the growth-mindset.
7. Strong interest in plant-based nutrition; it’s great if you’re a health nut or rapidly becoming one, and (want to) know how powerful whole foods plant-based nutrition can be, in maximizing health and performance.
- Meal production: Follow detailed recipe cards (with 25 to 35 separate ingredients) to label, assemble, pick/fill, and heat-seal meal packs in large batches.
- Operation of a commercial food processor to blend ingredients.
- Cleaning of tools, and food production spaces.
- Fulfillment: pick and pack orders accurately, quickly, and beautifully, to reach customers all over the USA.
- Other responsibilities: Depends on your background, motivation, and commitment to growth. : -)
Benefits & Compensation:
The job is full-time, 35 - 40 or more hours per week (minimum 5 full days expected per week, with some flexibility on which days). We offer a starting pay of $13.25 per hour, with pay increases and more responsibility as soon as you're ready, based on performance, your skills development, and your initiative and drive.
As a startup we are evolving rapidly all the time, so we highly value character, ability, and ongoing commitment to personal and career growth. As our long-term employees know, we prefer to "promote from within" and raise careers to new levels.
Other benefits include health insurance, a team discount on LeafSide products, and team events: fun times where we discuss our favorite sci-fi shows, vegan memes, and other inspirations over great food. Plus you'll be working with a dedicated team of high-energy, like-minded, mission-focused people, who know they're making a real difference every day. If that sounds like you and how you want to work, get in touch!
Pssst...If you've read this far and want to stand out from the majority of candidates: Be sure to tell us very clearly whether you're vegan and where you are in your vegan journey, why you want to work with us, AND be sure to pay attention to detail, so that your application is not left incomplete. : -)
Also, we use Indeed messaging for all initial communications. To be sure to receive important messages about interviews and on-site visits, turn on SMS alerts for Indeed, and/or this particular job. Due to many applications, if we message you and don't hear back, we'll assume you're no longer interested, which could be unfortunate if Indeed messages are just ending up in your junk email folder . Thanks!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.25 to $15.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Sunday (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible