Our customer creates and transitions advanced technologies for ensuring the security and resiliency of next-generation mission-critical systems. The group's research and development (R&D) in this area focus on a wide range of systems from drones and satellites to handheld devices and miniature sensors to high-performance secure cloud computing too many others.
The group comprises computer scientists; software hardware and electrical engineers; cryptographers; system analysts; and security architects all of whom share a common passion for helping solve some of the hardest technical problems relevant to national security. The group pursues innovative high-impact practical research in small focused teams and it succeeds by participating in all R&D phases including problem analysis and innovative solution design system architecture rapid prototyping field testing and ultimately transfer of the technology to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community users sponsors and industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This is a senior systems administrator position that is responsible for designing implementing and maintaining computer systems and testbeds to support research and development programs in the Secure Resilient Systems and Technology Group at our customer’s site. Works closely with software architects software developers and researchers in an agile DevOps environment. The candidate will also be responsible for the following;
- Serve as the go-to person for IT infrastructure and system administration needs in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team of researchers analysts and software developers.
- Translate program requirements into IT tasks.
- Specify hardware features and technical details in support of program requirements.
- Design build and maintain local R&D testbeds as well as forward-deployed systems. Ensure these systems are secure up-to-date and available for demonstrations as well as day-to-day research activities.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret clearance
- MS or BS plus at least 1 certification and at least 8 years of applicable experience
- Advanced Linux system administration specifically RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7
- Demonstrated familiarity administering Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Advanced system administration of virtualized environments i.e. VMWare ESX vCenter vSphere
- Configuration management automation tools such as ansible Chef or Puppet
- Experience with automating sysadmin tasks using scripts: Bash Python PowerShell
- Provisioning certificates and administering PKI components such as certificate authorities
- Installing configuring and managing directory services i.e. LDAP and Active Directory
- Experience with DoD Security Technical Guidelines (STIGs)
- Installing and maintaining servers in data centers
- Experience with software configuration management i.e. such as git and Github
- Experience administering Dell and HPE servers
- Experience with Docker and Linux/Windows containers
- Experience administering relational database systems i.e. Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL
- Experience administering NoSQL systems i.e. ElasticSearch Cassandra HBase
- Experience administering big-data stacks i.e. Cloudera MapR Hortonworks Hadoop
- Experience in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary development team
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
- Location: Lexington MA
- Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
- Travel: Non-Anticipated
- Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical Dental Vision STD LTD PTO Retirement)
- Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex pregnancy national origin disability sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information protected veteran status or other factors protected by federal state and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.