The Copy Supervisor (CS) is responsible for generating ideas for advertising and promotional copy, developing texts from draft stage through finished product. The CS works closely with creative and account teams to ensure adherence to client’s marketing strategies and objectives within specified deadlines. The CS supervises junior writers on projects and works with an Art Supervisor in partnership to generate concepts. The CS is a consistent creative performer that is learning how to give constructive feedback, evaluate work and have a voice in meetings.
Write in a clear and concise manner while maintaining quality control by adhering to clarity, proper grammar, agency process, client referencing and legal requirements
Bring and maintain knowledge and understanding of client's products, their marketing objectives, and the promotional activities of similar or competitive products to evaluate work in light of current marketing environment. Understanding marketing plans including objectives and strategies and how success will be measured. Contribute innovative ideas and tactics appropriate to client marketing strategy. Participate in strategic and tactical meetings to develop effective campaign reflecting the clients objectives. Generate new and innovative creative strategies and ideas to meet creative objectives.
Creation and Execution
Develop smart, single-minded ideas that are on strategy. Skillfully produce work across all channels. Work collaboratively with creative and account partners. Direct members of staff to ensure proper production of campaign elements.
Manages and carries out all relevant functions for the brand
Collaborate and communicate with team members in a productive manner to ensure goals are being met and to attain/maintain creative vision outlined for the agency
Develop strong client relationships through participation in market research, presenting creative concept development, and strategic direction
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full understanding of client’s marketplace and can evaluate work in light of current marketing environment.
- Assists with tactical plan development.
- Maintain awareness of budget requirements. Insure the best visualization of the product while staying within budget limits.
- Alert Account Services in advance when work exceeds budget and obtain appropriate approvals to follow through.
- Participate in strategic and tactical meetings with client and account management to develop effective advertising campaigns reflecting the clients objectives.
- Participate in “brainstorming” team meetings and medical legal clearance meetings.
- Maintains Vantage, Dolores, and other software specific to the agency process.
- Review and proofread all materials for consistency with editorial markups.
- Present creative work to clients.
- Skillfully produces work across all channels.
- Both manages and works independently while juggling multiple projects.
- Organizes thoughts effectively and communicates them well.
- Places emphasis on quality control and adherence to deadlines.
- Exhibits decisive problem solving ability.
- Provide support and supervision to copywriters on account(s).
- Follow-though and communicate with art team, producers, and editorial departments to ensure smooth flow of jobs to meet deadlines.
- Develops strong internal relationships with creative supervisors and account counterparts.
- Has a solid client relationship; actively leads interactions with clients and forges bonds with stakeholders.
- Works with colleagues and vendors, including illustrators, photographers, retouchers, science bureaus, computer design staff, editorial department, audio engineers, film editors, integrated producers, creative technologists, user experience architects, production managers, medical directors, marketing strategists, and account executives to ensure highest quality product within specified deadlines.
- Check and approve all visual materials through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Participate in new business presentations.
- Establish rapport with client and be able to present ideas in an organized, professional and effective manner.
- Proactively solve client problems.
- Maintain quality control over all copy elements.
- Copy should support layouts with attention-getting techniques and compelling storytelling.
- Demonstrates full understanding of Vantage/billing process and timely reporting of hours.
AREA OF STUDY
Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Related Field
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Word Text Programs
Solid knowledge of word text programs
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
Sees details, grades them against a pre-set standard and identifies flaws to monitor the quality of work and make any necessary improvements
Creates clear goals, identifies and finds the resources (e.g. time, people, materials) needed to achieve them, and schedules tasks so that work is completed on time
Ability to establish an effective demeanor and communication to influence one's point of view
Shows interest in finding the cause of problems, looks for and chooses effective solutions and takes the necessary action to resolve them
Ability to work effectively in a team environment to build and foster collaborative environment
Delegates responsibilities and fosters a collaborative environment to work with others
Is able to establish and maintain rapport and build relationships with another
For U.S. Job Seekers
It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
United States-New York-New York City