Title: Territory Account Representative
Immediate Supervisor: Regional Director of Sales
Position Purpose: The Territory Account Representative will report into their specific Regional Director of Sales and will serve as a key member of the Distribution focused sales team. The primary mission of this individual is to manage our Select Distribution, mid-size non-BPSF distribution, and emerging distributor opportunities. This person must have the ability to learn and express the value of IPG’s comprehensive product offering also known as “THE BUNDLE.”
- Act as the primary contact, promoting IPG program and product solutions to effectively sell the bundle, to our mid–tier packaging and industrial distribution as well as emerging distributor opportunities within assigned territory.
- Accountable for Revenue and Net CM$ for all distributors and all products within the assigned territory, while working with partner Inside Sales Reps and Territory Managers that support the territory.
- Act as the tape expert for the territory.
- Prospect end user opportunities as assigned by Regional Director of Sales.
- Assist partner Territory Business Managers with plant audits, training, and other duties as assigned by the Regional Director of Sales, including but not limited to assisting with Sapphire Premier and Elite partner projects.
- Provide the necessary resources and act as a liaison to our distributors to enable them to sell IPG’s full product suite.
- Develop our select and emerging opportunities through enabling our distributors and expanding product offerings within each partner.
- Manage distributor health and conduct quarterly business reviews to maintain and develop existing relationships.
- Work with our Technical Application Specialists and Business Development Specialists to aid distributors and end-users in finding the correct solution to meet their individual needs.
- Run product trials and evaluations through sales cycle.
- Strict adherence to CRM software in a routine and timely manner with quality targets, initiatives and other appropriate sales activities.
- Keep management up to date with competitive information such as new products, competitive price books, and price increase and decrease letters.
- Work proactively with customer service and the pricing team to resolve any outstanding issues within 24 hours.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Must have a “hunter” mentality and competitive drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related Field.
- 2+ Years Experience selling in industrial/packaging or related industry.
- Ability to relocate if Territory Business Manager opportunity presents itself.
- Core competence on all product lines is required.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over 1-2 year time span.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Sales and service systems development and deployment.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning.
- Distributor training and development.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- Highly skilled with CRM usage and Sales Tracking.
- Professional appearance and behavior while representing IPG.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement