We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their direct reports to retain a motivated, professional workforce.
- Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
- Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Recommends to their direct leader the incorporation of existing or anticipated transactional HR tasks into their team’s area of responsibility as appropriate.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline processes surrounding transactional HR administrative tasks handled/facilitated by their team.
- Liaises with divisions to ensure satisfaction with Recruiter interactions.
- Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
- Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
- Provides guidance and oversight to projects and process changes in regards to Recruitment Centralization.
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of their team in addressing questions and requests, suggesting and implementing changes as needed to achieve the highest level of service.
- Seeks opportunities to expand or optimize the internal customer support that is delivered by their team to individuals throughout the business.
- Researches and stays current on best practices for processing/managing Recruitment practices.
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with Recruitment Selections resources and vendors.
- Ensures completion of any Recruitment Selection projects, presentations, reports, etc. as advised by their leader.
- Manages external resources and vendors that pertain specifically to their team, as well as proposes the appointment of new ones when applicable.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
- Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources or a leadership role at ALDI.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Knowledge of standard Recruitment Processes and best practices for managing them.
- Ability to utilize Recruitment technologies, resources, and vendors.
- Knowledge of products and services of the company.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Effectively guides employee performance to assure the quality and completion of work assignments.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepares written materials meet purpose and audience.
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
- Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
- Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.