Part-Time 20-25 hours per week
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper to work closely with the Director of Finance and administrative team to provide timely and accurate financial information contributing to organizational integrity and mission. They will be responsible for ensuring the timely processing of daily accounting activity, including payroll, and will assist the Director of Finance with the preparation of periodic financial reports, department reports, annual audit and budget process. Working closely with other members of the finance and administrative team they will ensure compliance with internal and external policies and regulations, promote process improvements and best practices.
- Daily accounting activity processing and maintain general ledger in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Maintain accurate expense and revenue coding for grant and functional reports.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations including bank statements, credit card statements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepaid and accrued expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, budget preparation and performance analysis, grant budgets and financial reports, and functional area reports.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Maintain accurate and secure backup of financial data.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Working as part of the accounting team to support the organization and its mission.
- Prepare for and provide support during the organization’s annual audit.
- Take on additional tasks or projects, as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in bookkeeping, including general ledger.
- Experience with accounting software required, Sage 50 (Peachtree) preferred.
- Proficiency with Google Applications and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication, problem-solving skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, attention to detail, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges
- Self-starter/self-directed, team player with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Valid MA driver’s license
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
Overtime often available: