GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support the Accounting department in carrying out the responsibilities of financial statement preparation, client analysis and coordination of financial support requirements with service providers (auditors and tax preparers)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support monthly reconciliation of bank and brokerage statements.
- Prepare and input monthly insurance accounting journal entries.
- Maintain monthly financials, AR and AP to ensure accurate recording of clients’ financial activities.
- Prepare annual statement for issuance to clients in accordance with insurance regulatory guidelines.
- Coordinate receipt of financial support and suspense items for thorough documentation of client records for timely and proper financial recording of all transactions.
- Prepare and distribute management fee invoices, premium invoices and quarterly financials, when needed.
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department and to external clients and service providers.
- Manage and coordinate comprehensive tasks accurately and on time.
- Assist other staff accountants, senior accountants, manager and CAO with miscellaneous requirements.
- Perform such other accounting and financial tasks as may be required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree in business with emphasis in Accounting is required.
- Degree(s) must be from a credible college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with related experience based on job description.
- Experience with GL and bank reconciliation.
- Thorough understanding of debits and credits, P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Only apply if you have the following:
- Logical and have a natural ability to approach tasks methodically allowing for quick comprehension and understanding of concepts.
- Able to manage tasks accurately, timely and in an organized manner.
- Detail-oriented by nature, with a genuine tolerance for financial thoroughness and accuracy.
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data and have demonstrated analytical abilities.
- Are a quick learner with the ability to take organized and thorough notes for future reference.
- Have a high aptitude for multi-tasking and handling a large volume of work while also meeting ongoing crucial due dates in a professional manner.
- Have excellent work habits, including an ability and willingness to work hours necessary to support requirements, even when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Take reasonable action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Are comfortable and understand intermediate level Excel spreadsheets and also QuickBooks.
- Proficient with a General Ledger and full understanding of financial journal entries
- Have strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time