Do you want to be recognized for outstanding contributions? Do you provide HEROIC customer service? Do you Love to help people? Do you want to make a difference, while working for one of the BEST companies in the industry? YOU CAN!
For more than 25 years, VRI heroes have been helping our clients live safer, more confident and more independent lives. The secret of our success? Our heroes. Every one of us is 100% committed to getting our clients what they need - we never stop acting as their advocate, partner and supporter.
We provide emergency response, fall detection, activity monitoring, medication management, vitals monitoring and care traffic control for over 160,000 clients in all 50 states. A single call is all our clients need to connect with our people - people who are genuinely eager to help in any situation, from emergencies to the everyday.
Job Skills / Requirements
VRI is seeking a highly motivated, focused, and solution-oriented Database Administrator to join our team in Franklin, OH. The Database Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation, efficiency and security of the company’s database systems.
- Serve as subject matter expert on SQL Server database technology and market trends.
- Install and maintain DBMS software including patches, fixes, and version upgrades.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining maximum performance of databases and identify poorly performing queries.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, and overall performance of SQL Server databases.
- Document, plan and test Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Implement data backup and recovery procedures to prevent data loss from any potential failure.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server DBMS & Windows operating systems
- Minimum of 1 years of experience writing SQL Programing & hands on experience with database query, stored procedure and SQL performance tuning.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server High Availability and Always On.
- Propensity toward identifying and implementing on-going process improvement
- Strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Ability to manage and deploy application database modifications.
- Ability to provide 24x7 on call support and work independently as needed.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience with Audits of Microsoft SQL Server database environments
- Experience setting up standards and guidelines for self-managed development teams
- Experience supporting 24x7 production database systems
- Experience with Idera/Redgate tools
Join us now to capitalize on the growing, dynamic senior services market. The position offers a competitive pay package with excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
Additional Information / Benefits
VRI is a comfortable, progressive workplace with a wide array of benefits. We offer medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, a retirement plan, and a wellness program. All VRI campuses are tobacco free. VRI has instituted tobacco premiums to their health plans but offers reasonable alternatives to employees to off-set those costs. We also offer employer-paid life insurance, an employee assistance program, and many other perks.
We provide emergency response, fall detection, activity monitoring, medication management, vitals monitoring and care traffic control for over 100,000 clients in all 50 states. A single call is all our clients need to connect with our people—people who are genuinely eager to help in any situation, from emergencies to the everyday.
At VRI, we partner with a broad network of health plans, care providers and advocates to provide the best personalized care. Our proven approach reduces costs, improves outcomes and enhances care for every patient population.
VRI is a tobacco free campus. Employees, visitors and contractors are not permitted to use tobacco while on VRI property. VRI has instituted tobacco premiums to their health plans but offers reasonable alternatives to employees to off-set those costs.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan
Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Finger Printing
This job reports to the Business Intelligence and Integration Manager
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: