The Technical Support Specialist is a successful candidate who will work within a team of support engineers focused on resolving customers' technical issues, answering questions and other inquires, conducting product training, live troubleshooting sessions, and identifying and resolving application or environmental issues. The position supports employees in a variety of technical roles. Support Specialists provide hands-on and remote support for client hardware and software on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. They also support networking and local server resources for regional sites. They are the face of IT for their local customers; they serve as the liaison between site leadership and IT engineering teams. Regular activities include troubleshooting client operating systems, PC imaging and repair, network troubleshooting, project management, junior technician mentoring, systems administration, telecom administration, and hardware procurement.
- Provide technical support and implementation assistance to clients that require superior technical expertise and urgent response.
- Work with support ticket tracking system (open, reply, update, and close support tickets) and answer phone calls from customers.
- Identify application or environmental issues that occur during evaluation, implementation, and ongoing usage.
- Provide technical consultations and knowledge transfer to sales and technical support reps, including internal product training.
- Participate in conference calls and on-site visits (sometimes) with Senior/Executive IT people (CIOs, IT managers).
- Identify sales requirements by establishing personal rapport with persons in the position to understand technical requirements.
- Contribute to sales team effort by delivering technical presentations and demonstrations.
- Develop prototypes.
- Support proof-of-concept and software evaluation efforts.
- Develop training tools.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical support or system administration
- Customer service oriented in nature
- 2+ years experience supporting Microsoft Windows
- Experience with Linux or Unix
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- May require lifting or carrying desktop computers and monitors up to 25 lbs
- Some on call responsibilities are required
- Patience in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to present technical information
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely via e-mail and phone
- General programming skills (e.g. scripts)
Why work for Us?
- We offer an environment for career-driven individuals seeking to make a solid contribution to our company objectives and their own career enhancement. If you want to work in a challenging, performance-based environment and be rewarded for your efforts, then PCM is the place to build your career.
PCM offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K with a company match and medical/dental benefits as well as an Employee Purchase Plan, company sponsored discount programs and paid time off.
PCM is more than an IT provider: we are a trusted technology partner for thousands of businesses across the country specializing in cloud, data center, mobility, networking, security, and software solutions.
PCM: The right technology, delivered!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.