- BA/BS degree in relevant field and 4+ years of direct analytics experience, or equivalent combination of degree and experience
- Proven experience manipulating large sets of data and summarizing into metrics which inform business action
- Experience with at least one data visualization package (e.g., Tableau, QuickSight)
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g., SQL, R, Python)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g., complex statements, VBA, conditional formatting)
- Highly flexible, with the ability to identify, analyze and solve problems systematically in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving organization
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- History of building strong collaborative relationships and influencing peers and stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to present and clearly communicate complex data, analyses, and findings to non-experts
- Ability to maintain discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism with sensitive information
Global Talent Management (GTM) is centrally responsible for creating and evolving Amazon’s talent programs and processes. Analytics is a growing start-up team inside of GTM with a direct impact on 300,000+ Amazonians across all of our businesses and locations around the world. We regularly use data to pitch ideas and drive conversations with Amazon’s Senior Vice President of HR and other executives about how to improve existing talent programs like Career Development and the Annual Review or invent new ones that address the evolving needs of our diverse employee base.
GTM is looking for experienced analysts to own the end-to-end business intelligence for new and evolving talent products, proprietary to Amazon. In this role, you will align directly with a product and program owner, influencing opportunity identification, product design, data capture, reporting/measurement, and evaluation strategies. You will use existing data/research to identify new challenges and opportunities, as well as data collected through methods you create/define. You will leverage your subject matter expertise and strong written/verbal communications skills to develop reproducible research/analyses shared with HR analysts embedded across Amazon’s diverse set of businesses. As the end-to-end analyst for the product, you will also build proof-of-concept reporting tools, while scaling ad hoc data access, enabling the product team self-serve and make informed decisions in a fast-paced, ambiguous business environment.
- Align with product owners to translate business issues into testable hypotheses answerable with data
- Develop and execute analyses to drive talent insights
- Create data capture and measurement strategies that drive business action
- Drive a roadmap from descriptive to predictive analytics, moving routine tasks to self-service for your client group
- Work closely with peers and stakeholders to access, pull, transform, and analyze data from a variety of HR sources
- Gather new data, and/or creatively use existing data to propose metrics and present them in compelling but easily understood way to a non-statistical audience.
- Apply statistical tests to data, including (but not limited to), t-tests, chi-square, and regression.
- Compile results in a concise, meaningful, and actionable format and share findings to senior leadership
- Build processes to scale fast and accurate on-demand and ad hoc data/analytical requests for leadership and key stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency with statistical software packages (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS, AMOS, MPlus, STATA)
- Experience building and maintaining datasets in a relational database (e.g., Redshift, EDX)
- Experience in analytical roles within consulting, talent/HR, operational, or marketing environments
- Ability to conduct appropriate statistical tests (e.g., p-, t-, chi square)
- Familiarity with advanced techniques such as structural equation modeling, survival analysis, social network analysis, and/or cluster analysis
- Knowledge of AWS Big Data technologies, like RedShift, S3, Aurora, Data Pipeline, QuickSight, Kinesis etc.
- Graduate degree in quantitative or research-oriented field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.