Miramar, Florida or Charlotte, North Carolina
Most senior technical resouce. Responsible for ensuring our solutions and reccomendations are
architecturally sound. Systems Architects oversee creating, designing, and implementing arrangements
for a customer. They help to build new systems needed by the company and must be able to identify
the business' current problems and future technological goals. Their main objective is to provide
architectural leadership to ensure best practices are created and followed. Systems architects lead
teams and establish standard operating procedures to help control the risks associated with projects.
They are responsible for all aspects of designing, scheduling, planning, and pricing projects, as well as
delegating tasks to subordinates. Additionally, the architect also monitors key project metrics and
perform quality control initiatives and reviews. Architects are expected to mentor the systems engineers
on technical career paths.
- Validates RCAs produced by engineers.
- Handles Critical escalated tickets defined by SLA.
- Acts as the senior technical resource.
- Validates any changes to the architecture of an environment.
- Document features, modules, requirements, and the risks of each project.
- Design and develop technical solutions based on existing technologies.
- Lead brainstorming sessions and identify areas for process improvements.
- Lead for the translation of business objectives and requirements into functional solutions.
- Prepare and document testing requirements as well as all test data.
- Review trending and conduct analysis with goals of improving performance & system uptime.
- Researching new ways to solve challenges for both external and internal needs.
- Required to travel up to 70% of the time based on client requirements.
- Responsible for the final technical decisions within a project design.
- Documents client requirements and solutions.
- 3-6 Years Previous System Architect Experience & Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Citrix Technologies: XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, CloudBridge, EdgeSight, Provisioning
Server, Application Packager, etc.
- Microsoft Technologies: Active Directory/Windows Administration, Terminal Services, DFS,
DHCP, Clusters, SQL, DNS, Multi-Site Deployments, Multi-Domain Environments, etc.
- VMware Technologies: ESX (3, 4, 5), VMware View
- Storage Technologies: ISCSI, Fiber, NFS, CIFS
- Networking Concepts: Switches, Gateways, Routers, Firewalls, VPN, VLAN
- Worked in a SOX and/or PCI Compliance Environment
- Certifications in above technologies is preferred
- Solarwinds/N-Able experience a plus