The Clinical Records Clerk is responsible for gathering, processing and maintaining accurate and complete medical records on clients in accordance with agency protocols/procedures. This position will ensure the records are maintained in a manner compliant with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the chart room. Will maintain one of the assigned keys to the chart room.
- Maintain discharged client clinical records for three (3) years at the Mental Health Site location after which records are sent to off-site storage following properly labeling and logging while maintaining a list of discharged clients sent to storage.
- Maintain the Log-in/Log out for staff requesting client documents.
- Provide documents requested by outside sources (i.e., Social Security, other agency, etc.) for review of respective program management and QA Manager.
- Organize and print client clinical records per request of respective program management during site reviews, audits, program reviews, etc.
- Spend substantial time uploading intake packets and other client documents of assigned programs (CMH, RRR, WRAP, IFCCS, STRTP, ChRIS, TBS) on a daily basis.
- Track and maintain a Suspected Child-Abuse Report binder.
- Prepare monthly caseload census for all programs (CMH, RRR, WRAP, IFCCS, TBS). For STRTP and ChRIS caseload census will be updated as clients are enrolled and discharged from these programs.
- Acts as the second staff in witnessing meds destruction.
- Maintain logs for incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Prepare new Intake packets for respective programs at least five (5) available at any given time.
- Organize discharges (switching folders, boxing/organizing by year of discharged).
- Pull clinical files for destruction at the beginning of each calendar year in coordination with the Clinical Director and Facility Manager following SGCC policy and procedure on client’s clinical record retention.
- Provides secondary back-up receptionist duties in the absences of the Receptionist and Administrative Assistant II.
- Provides primary back-up duties in the absence of the Nurse Specialist.
- High School diploma/GED and 1 year of office experience with electronic record keeping in a mental health/medical licensed facility
- Knowledge of electronic health record system (EXYM).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work tasks and assignments.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential data and information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to fulfill program/department needs which may include weekends, evening, and holidays.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
- Obtain Red Cross CPR, First Aid and Pro-ACT certification and maintain such certification throughout the term of employment.
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
2200 E. Route 66, Suite 100 Glendora, California 91740 ٠ (626) 859-2089 ٠ FAX (626) 331-3027
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.
Job Type: Full-time