SBS Waterfront Permits Unit regulates construction permits related to improvements or maintenance of marine construction and waterfront properties under its jurisdiction. Permitting operations include reviewing scope of construction, plan examinations for compliance with New York City Zoning and Building Code, issuing construction permits, conducting inspections, reviewing technical inspections reports, close-outs and issuance of certificates of completion, compliance and records management.
The Permit Records Assistant, reporting to the Chief Plan Examiner, will be responsible for: managing all the permit application records, tracking application status, generating periodic reports, assisting with application processing and scanning, scheduling appointments for filing/drop-off/pick-ups, and providing administrative support for the Waterfront Permits operations. The Records Assistant will be a custodian to organize, process, and maintain all permit records. Some of the physical activities performed by the Records Assistant and environmental conditions experienced may be: walking and standing for short periods of time; lifting blueprint rolls weighing 20 pounds; reading blueprints.
Responsibilities would include:
- Schedule Appointments for Meetings, Application drop-off and pick-up, Inspections, and Records Review.
- Manage and Maintain Records, including Stamp and Label Drawings, and Scan Records for Electronic Access.
- Process and Track payments.
- Manage Archival Records and FOIL Requests, and Maintain Folder Tracking System.
- Package Records for off-site storage and scanning.
- Update Monthly Intake, and Generate Reports.
- Provide administrative support for the waterfront permits operations.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
- Prior work experience in the field of library science, information science, or records management.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and aptitude for working with electronic records system.
- Keen Interest to learn permitting requirements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and ability to work well with people.
- Computer proficiencies in MS
Email your resume along with a cover letter, transcripts, writing sample, and two referrals including the following subject line: Records Assistant to: email@example.com
Commensurate with experience
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted
If you do not have access to email, mail your cover letter & resume to:
NYC Department of Small Business Services / Human Resources Unit
110 William Street / New York, New York 10038
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.