NSG Group/Pilkington is a highly acclaimed international organization. Our Company is dedicated to offering the highest quality products on the market today. We are the world’s leading supplier of glass and glazing systems to the automotive and building sectors.
The Product Development Engineer would be based at the Niles, MI facility. The Glazing Systems Center (GSC) Pilot Plant is responsible for value-add prototyping and Pilkington North America plant start-up activities. This includes thermoplastic molding, reaction injection molding, adhesive bonding operations and hardware assembly. The majority of the work will be “hands-on”, including operation of various types of equipment. Handling of glass and process chemicals is required.
- Develop processing parameters for PVC/glass encapsulation
- Prepare product samples for customer evaluation (prototype, production)
- Verify parts to meet customer requirements
- Assist project leaders, as required, during the new model introduction (NMI) launches
- Check and accept incoming equipment, tooling and fixtures
- Check/accept incoming components and glass
- Perform capability studies on tooling and fixtures; molding/extrusion/bonding/assembly equipment
- Interpret test results and create reports from trials and experiments
- Actively participate in design reviews, “lessons learned”, team meetings, etc.
- Industrial engineering (work cell layouts, time studies, and ergonomics)
- Complete process flowcharts for new products or processes
- Develop work instructions for new equipment or processes
- Update bill of materials
- Train operators in a production setting
- Perform pre-PPAP readiness activities and conduct run-it rates
- Bachelor’s degree – in applicable Engineering discipline
- 3 years molding/manufacturing experience
- Familiarization with Green/Black Belt analysis
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Mechanical/”hands-on” aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to work within project teams and to work with limited direction
- PC skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Project, Mini tab or equivalent
- Ability to travel at least 30% (including possible international travel)
- Bachelor’s degree – Plastics Engineering
- Certified Green Belt
- Familiarity with bonding and assembly manufacturing
- Ability to debug PLCs
- Robot programming ABB S3 and S4
- Experience with vision systems
- Experience building/rebuilding complex equipment
- Tooling and fixture design experience
- Manufacturing assembly background
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes 401K with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company paid holidays, paid vacations, and education assistance.
NSG Group/Pilkington is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national origin. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying.
Job Type: Full-time
- thermoplastic molding: 5 years (Required)
- PVC/glass encapsulation: 5 years (Required)
- adhesive bonding operations: 5 years (Required)
- injection molding: 5 years (Required)