A major player within the urban culture is looking for an Editorial Intern (remote) with relevant writing aspirations, as well as experience, to join our team of writers at HotNewHipHop.com. This position is ideal for a creative individual, who has an in-depth familiarity with hip-hop and pop culture at large. This person is expected to research and write original artist biographies, as well as aid in administrative tasks for the website.
- Prior experience writing for blogs and/or online magazines;
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or related fields (either obtained or in pursuit)
- In-depth knowledge of hip-hop (past & present) and the entrainment world;
- Excellent creative writing and editing skills;
- Strong time-management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and provide original writing for artist biographies
- Handle website clean-up tasks as necessary
- Act as support for the editorial team as required
Interested and qualified individuals should not hesitate in applying for this position. Urbanlinx Media, Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all those that do apply, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please be sure to include a cover letter with your resume and application. A cover letter is required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship
- Are you allowed to intern for school credit?