Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery (GOSR)
Job Title: Help Desk Support Specialist, Elation Systems
Department: Organizational Systems and Performance
Location: New York City
Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
Salary: $65K-$75K, DOE
***This is a long term, temporary position. The selected candidate will be on-boarded through a staffing firm, not the State of New York. ***
Established in June 2013 following the occurrence of Hurricane Irene, Tropical Storm Lee, and Superstorm Sandy, the Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery (GOSR) centralizes recovery and rebuilding efforts in impacted areas of New York State. GOSR aims to address communities’ most urgent needs, while encouraging the identification of innovative and enduring solutions to strengthen the State’s infrastructure and critical systems. Operating under the umbrella of New York Rising, GOSR utilizes approximately $4.4 billion in flexible funding made available by the U.S. Department of
Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program to concentrate aid to four main areas—Housing Recovery, Small Business, Community Reconstruction and Infrastructure.
Visit us at www.stormrecovery.ny.gov
This position will be responsible for supporting the Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery’s (“GOSR”) day-to-day operational needs relating to the use of the organization’s labor and diversity electronic compliance reporting system, specifically, all applicable Elation System modules including Section 3, M/WBE, Davis Bacon, and Invoicing. As a member of the Organizational Systems & Performance (OSP) Team, s/he oversees the timely delivery of quality technical support services to GOSR’s clients, including but not limited to GOSR’s contractors and subrecipients, responds to requests for system access, and ensures compliance with GOSR’s access management and security protocols.
- Responds to Elation Help Desk queries (via telephone or email) for clients seeking help related to the
Elation System application.
- Logs all help desk interactions and generates regular activity reports.
- Manages user accounts, permissions, and access controls for the Elation System application.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical issues for end-users of the Elation System application.
- Follows-up with end-users to ensure complete resolution of issues.
- Provides internal and external end-users of the Elation System application with subject matter expertise and technical support related to various modules.
- Performs regular system monitoring and issue remediation.
- Conducts regularly scheduled training and ad-hoc training as needed and required by GOSR for both internal and external GOSR project stakeholders, including assembling and coordinating new system enhancements and preparing proper training program materials for impacted end users.
- Provides technical subject matter expertise and assists with review and development of enhancement requirements for the implementation of compliance and financial aspects of CDBG-DR policies.
- Assists GOSR in establishing and maintaining standard operating procedures, capacity building and knowledge transfer documentation on various functionalities of Elation System application.
- Coordinates with the OSP Team to report on progress, metrics, and issues for escalation.
- Attends and participates in regular coordination and collaboration meetings.
- Develops and maintains Administrator documentation in relation to Elation System application.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Self-starter with a strong customer service orientation with 2-3 years of experience researching, analyzing and interpreting automated system problems within a fast-paced, high-volume customer service/help desk environment preferred
- Strong familiarity with diversity (MWBE, Section 3) and labor compliance (Davis-Bacon) reporting requirements preferred
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and providing customer help desk support based on best practices
- Demonstrated ability to document processes and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication, as well as interpersonal and engagement skills
- Possesses a strong attention to detail and high demand tolerance
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Solid data analysis skills
- Expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and SmartSheet
- Familiarity with Office 365 and SharePoint
All candidates must submit a resume. Please include the name of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. We cannot interpret omissions or vagueness in your favor. You are responsible for an accurate and clear description of your training, work experience, and how you meet the qualifications of the position you are applying for. Please set forth all relevant employment history, including the name of each employer, dates of employment and titles held. Be sure to describe the nature of the work that you personally performed for each position held. If you had supervisory responsibilities, state how many people you supervised and the nature of such supervision.
The Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- help desk: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off