(Located in Woodland, CA. Relo assistance avail.)
WHO WE ARE
Advanced Helicopter Services is a medium sized full-service helicopter facility headquartered in Northern California. We provide worldwide around the clock service and support. Our AHS team consists of highly qualified factory trained technicians and knowledgeable support specialists that take pride in their work in the area of safety, reliability and responsiveness. We hope you will join us as we continue to commit to Creating Raving Fans, Internally and Externally.
AHS values our employees and their families. All full-time employees are offered 100% paid medical*, dental and vision plans for its employees. Family medical is 50% employer paid. We also offer life/AD&D insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Account, supplemental insurance and Paid Time Off.
*medical base plan is 100% covered.
This position is in Woodland, CA. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a team environment focused on creating raving fans internally and externally. You’ll maintain and repair aircraft structures and related components including flight controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components. You’ll apply technical knowledge of A&P systems to determine equipment malfunctions and apply expertise in restoring aircraft to safe, airworthy condition. This position reports directly to the Airframe Services Program Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO (Essential Functions)
To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must ensure aircraft are safely maintained in accordance with the Airworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Standard Practice.
- Maintains records in compliance with FAA and company requirements.
- Maintains premises of the shop facility in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintains equipment, tools and facilities in serviceable and working condition.
- Meets all job/Work Order deadlines, communicating to supervisor/manager when circumstances may prevent on-time completion.
- Assures proper information is shared i.e. job timelines, shop issues, parts delays, and change orders.
- Additional job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE HANGAR (Required Qualifications)
- Current, valid A&P license with 2 years verifiable experience (military exp can be applied)
- Experience with turbine rotor wing required
- Clean & valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible for DOD clearance
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and FAA regulated drug/alcohol tests prior to start.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
WHAT WE PREFER YOU ALSO BRING (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience with Airbus, Bell and Robinson aircraft will be given preference
- Understanding and experience within a Part 145 repair station
Aircraft Models: Airbus EC120, AS350 (H125), EC130 (H130), Airbus EC135 (H135), Airbus BK117 (H145), Bell 429, 430, 407, 206, Leonardo 109, MD 500, Robinson R22, R44, R66.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving Ability
- Must be able to lift up to 70#
- Ability to physically perform climbing, stooping, stretching, and physical movements and postures normally associated with hangar/flight line activities
- Must be able to work in environment that is not temperature/humidity controlled
- Must be able to work on your feet hours at a time
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and be able to pass criminal background check and drug test prior to start. Once on our roster you will participate in our FAA Drug & Alcohol Program.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 - $43.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woodland, CA 95695: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
- Do you have experience on any of the following aircraft?
Airbus EC120, AS350 (H125), EC130 (H130), Airbus EC135 (H135), Airbus BK117 (H145), Bell 429, 430, 407, 206, Leonardo 109, or MD 500
- rotorcraft maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Airframe & Powerplant License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person