Amazon is seeking to add a tour guide to our fulfillment center public tour program in Kenosha, WI to open the doors to highlight the great people who work with amazing technology to make sure our customer orders are delivered. We are looking for an individual with strong personal skills and attention to detail to provide fun and engaging fulfillment center tours in the local community.
The Amazon Tour Leader likes meeting new people, is enthusiastic and outgoing, has high energy and can answer questions in a fun and thoughtful way.
The Tour Leader will support our Fulfillment Center Customer Experience, providing a world-class Fulfillment Center Tour program. The Tour Leader will work closely with a Community Specialist in a fast-paced organization to deliver Fulfillment Center tours to the public on a daily basis. This candidate will have excellent organizational skills, work effectively with internal and external stakeholders; General Manager's, operators, vendors, the Public Relations teams, to drive efficient and well run tours. This person will also possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice and enjoy the challenges of helping to build great experiences for our Amazon customers.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the fulfillment center tours program in Kenosha, WI Fulfillment Center
- Take a lead role delivering messaging about Amazon with both internal partners and external audiences;
- Coordinate fulfillment center tours; billing/payment, shipping etc.
- Ability to identify creative approaches to enhance tour logistics
- Maintain a calendar of tours within the Fulfillment Center
- Make process recommendations to achieve operational excellence
- Identify issues and escalate as appropriate
- Contribute knowledge, and promote a knowledge-sharing culture
- Tracking tour activities and providing status in a weekly report to manager
- Identify opportunities for improving customer experience
- Be prepared to host up to 3 tours a day –lasting approx. 60 minutes. Each tour is approx. 5000 steps.
- Be able to answer questions spontaneously
Proven ability, willingness, and desire to…
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes;
- Speak and present to large groups of stakeholders;
- Walk frequently in the building area, have the ability to stand, talk and walk for up to eight hours/day
- Think and communicate clearly – the ability to formulate a clear point of view and answer real time questions from our guests
- Demonstrate good judgement both in tour giving and in day to day operations
- Work hard and smart
- Can work autonomously while getting daily tasks done, is a self starter and knows when to ask for help
- Roll up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job; and
- Pay painstaking attention to important details.
- Have fun doing this job and project an atmosphere that reflects Amazon's values
- Able to manage a large group of people during an issue – unlikely
- One year of public speaking or tour giving experience
- PR/Admin experience helpful but not required
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Experience processing/submitting payments
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively, while maintaining attention to detail
- Comfortable working with teams in different office locations, and promoting teamwork
- Confident at quickly adapting to a changing work environment and priorities
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Previous tour guide experience is a plus