- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
This "Special Events" Waiter position is a part time position to assist the Jimmy Doolittle Center with Special Events such as the Air Force Ball, ALS Graduations, Retirement/Going away Parties, Holiday Parties... etc. please call 701-723-3731 or 701-723-2812 for more info.
**Must be at least 16 years old to apply for this position**
Must have experience or training in proper food handling and serving techniques. Knowledge of food menu items and wine selection for various foods sufficient to explain to customer. Must be able to follow cash handling procedures, make simple mathematical computations, and prepare checks for patrons. Must be physically able to stand, stoop, bend, and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Must meet the appropriate minimum age requirement for serving alcoholic beverages. Must be able to obtain a Food handler’s Certificate and/or complete food handler's training. Must be able to communicate with customers and possess skill in dealing with the public. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Discusses menu with supervisor and familiarizes self with menu prior to opening. Secures clean linen and silverware, depending on the menu and food to be served. Sets assigned tables, spreading clean linen and placing glasses, condiment holders, flowers, candles or lamps, and silverware on table. Prepares side tables with silverware, bowls of ice and other extras that may be required during the meal.
2. Receives guests and takes orders. Writes guests’ orders, answers questions regarding food and beverages or makes suggestions about dishes and beverages. Works according to rigid time schedule, secures food from kitchen, and places dishes by course in front of each person. Continues to provide service as needed and requested by guests.
3. Following completion of meal, gives check to guest, who may pay cashier or the waiter or elect to sign the dinning room guest check when authorized. Removes soiled dishes, glasses and silverware, or requests food service worker to do so.
4. May perform cleaning duties as time permits, such as sweeping, mopping, and so forth, in assigned area, or cleaning entryways. May perform dishwashing or other functions in an emergency.
5. Performs other related duties as required.
Flexible (FLEX) employees are eligible to use the fitness center, golf course, bowling center, clubs, and swimming pool. No medical/dental/retirement/sick/vacation benefits are available to flexible employees.
Regular (REG) employees are entitled to the same base privileges as Flex employees, in addition to medical, dental, retirement, and vacation/sick time.
**You are responsible for uploading any documentation that supports your preference claim, experience, and/or educational background. We are not responsible for employment ineligibilities based on missing information or lack of documentation.**
“Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed.”