$80,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year.
Summary of Position: The Manager, Learning and Development is responsible for helping our employees advance their skills and knowledge, coordinating and facilitating trainings as well as driving excellence in overall quality and communication in The Hotel.
Design, plan, coordinate and facilitate all trainings for The Hotel including new hire orientation, service training, compliance training and leadership development training.
- Define and executed the L&D strategies in collaboration with the General Manager and the Director of Human Resources.
- Serve as the primary driver of service standards for The Mark Hotel. Work closely with General Manager and other key department heads to ensure Forbes Luxury Standards are continuously emphasized and trained. Primary contact for Forbes trainers and responsible to continue the focus on our relentless pursuit of service excellence.
- Develop and maintain training calendar to ensure statutory compliance and ongoing service improvement.
- Meet regularly with Department Heads to identify training opportunities and develop strategies to address areas of need.
- Stays up to date with industry trends and suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of guest, The Hotel, or the industry.
- Ensures that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective, regularly evaluating individual and organizational needs.
- Propose and oversee training budget with emphasis on maximizing value within budget.
- Act as an ambassador of The Mark culture and foster an environment of continuous development.
- Oversee recognition program and employee celebrations.
- Vet and coordinate with outside training vendors when needed.
- Support the Food & Beverage operation’s training needs and coordinate specific training module creation and delivery of trainings as needed and agreed with the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Administer post-orientation on-boarding and on-the-job training plans.
- Oversee intern and trainee programs and ensure compliance with training plans.
- Maintain employee training files.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Strong collaboration and instructional skills.
- Previous experience in luxury environment or high-end establishment, preferably in training or operations.
- Pre-opening experience preferred.
- 4-year degree in Hospitality Management or Training and Development preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Servsafe and TIPs training certifications preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills both written/verbal. Comfortable with public speaking
- Bi-lingual communication a plus but not required.