Full Job Description
Primary Location: 195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 206208
Are you an enthusiastic Search Engine Optimization expert and industry thought leader? Would you like to assist our efforts in driving, developing, and refining SEO strategy and initiatives to propel organic growth at an Enterprise level? Do you enjoy a challenge that will directly result in making an immediate traffic impact to some of the leading properties within the automotive industry? If so, please read on.
The Cox Automotive Senior SEO Analyst will be based at the Kelley Blue Book offices in Irvine, California, but remote work will be considered for the right candidate. They will collaborate with the Senior Manager, SEO and product leaders and be responsible for providing consultation and expert advice to teams both within Cox Automotive (Autotrader, Kelly Blue Book) and to a lesser extent on the client/partner side regarding organic search. The Senior SEO Analyst is involved in discussions, recommendations, and decisions regarding short and long-term business objectives that can affect Cox's online marketing strategies and the intersection with offline marketing strategies. They exercise discretion and independent judgment concerning recommendations and action plans that demonstrate support for successful working relationships, the fulfillment of contractual agreements, and the timely and thorough handling of escalated issues from internal stakeholders.
The Senior SEO Analyst identifies opportunities to maximize return on investment (ROI) for multiple brands, which are in line with established key performance indicators and global metrics. They are a primary resource for others requiring basic to advanced level knowledge of SEO business facets. They will have frequent interactions with other departments within Cox Automotive, including Engineering, Marketing, and Editorial.
The Senior SEO Analyst is a forward-thinking individual having a high degree of knowledge about the SEO team's use of Cox Automotive systems and tools. Takes the initiative to assess the impact of new products, search engine algorithm changes, and subsequent releases on SEO best practices and procedures. The Senior SEO Analyst should display the utmost quality, confidence, and effectiveness when handling difficult situations, by providing exceptional service and maintaining a high degree of professional integrity within all departments and levels of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Take the SEO lead for our Editorial business working closely with product leaders ensuring existing and new products are optimized for organic growth.
2. Analyze and assess the performance of campaigns and translate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable recommendations and plans for revising the Cox brand strategy.
3. Execute cross-brand search engine optimization tactics, including keyword research, website optimization, off-site promotion, and advanced link building (including relationship building with 3rd party websites), campaign performance tracking, and A/B testing.
4. Follow compliance guidelines specific to vertical markets and avoid any "black hat" and outdated techniques that would adversely impact Cox web sites.
5. Present substantiated recommendations for adjustments to SEO efforts, and to potential new verticals (i.e., paid search, email marketing, online product marketing, video, social, etc.), to improve ROI and reduce advertising spend where/when possible.
6. Via regular competitive analysis, be familiar with the operational structure and products of the clients in our vertical market(s), and their use of digital marketing solutions to drive leads and support branding objectives.
7. In conjunction with the Senior Manager, SEO, collaborate with other team members to identify potential tools or technologies necessary to increase ROI of SEO campaigns, or to better demonstrate the value of the SEO service through enhanced reporting or tools:
Research, test, and propose new methods of maximizing ROI that may require front and back-end development.
Identify needs of internal teams to achieve higher conversions and maintain overall scalability
8. In conjunction with the Senior Manager, SEO and product leaders, participate in QA of new product & feature releases, and contribute to their continual refinement both from a technology and ROI standpoint.
9. Respond to support issues involving internal and external customers efficiently and effectively.
10. Demonstrate SEO expertise through preparation and delivery of professional and engaging SEO presentations in response to internal stakeholder requests for campaign analysis and expanded definition of product features & benefits.
11. Stay abreast of new developments and changes in Internet marketing; proactively share best practices, trends, and tips with the team, and actively research, test and propose new approaches to improving rankings and results for Cox brands via thought leadership.
12. Author best practices, client & industry facing articles, and case studies that demonstrate strategic insight at a granular and global level.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Aptitudes:
Education and Work Experience:
A bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Internet Marketing, Website Development, Digital Media) is preferred, but 5 or more years of relevant work experience in SEO is an acceptable substitute.
Advanced level experience working directly with SEO campaign management is required.
Advanced analytics expertise and experience with multiple common reporting platforms/tools is required.
Enterprise-level SEO, Automotive industry, Search Engine Marketing, email marketing, social media experience (e.g., Facebook, blogging, reputation management, etc.), experience a plus.
Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate articulately both verbally and in writing. Ability to manage difficult situations and difficult people, strong copywriting and proofreading skills, highly customer-focused (internal and external customers), engaging and effective subject matter expert and presenter.
Strong time management skills, above-average ability to multi-task proactively and in response to issues as they arise. Proven methods to manage self and others (both clients and colleagues) adept at problem-solving, able to follow procedures, flexible to creatively develop solutions and workarounds as needed.
Ability to employ a high degree of discretion in dealing with confidential matters; conduct professional interactions with respect; can overcome resistance (in self and others) and demonstrate an ability to compromise when needed; strive for excellence.
Prioritize needs of self, others and organization, contribute to an enjoyable and supportive work atmosphere while maintaining a positive attitude.
Reporting Relationships and Contacts:
This position reports to the Senior Manager, SEO. There is an expectation for the Senior SEO Analyst to work independently while providing internal customer/stakeholder service and exercising sound judgment. This position regularly interacts with all levels of customers and co-workers in the Engineering, Product, UX, Marketing, and Analytics departments.
Works in an open environment in the Irvine, CA office. This position requires phone work and constant computer usage. Office hours worked may vary depending on arrangements with the supervisor and requires flexibility to meet the needs of customers and colleagues in various time zones. Extended hours may occasionally be required to meet deadlines or when contributing to large projects.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.