Electronics Test Technician
Test Technician to perform testing and validation of electronic circuit board PCB’s and cable assemblies.
Technician Essential Functions:
- Test of electronic circuit boards, interconnect cabling and electronic and optical sub-assemblies based on standardized test procedures.
- Perform test measurements with multimeters, oscilloscope, automated test equipment, test console and software test scripts.
- Program test equipment and new boards, verify processor and board peripherals with testers, display output and test scripts.
- Modify and update standard test procedures based on product or requirement changes.
- Document, analyze and organize test data, graph and prepare reports of test results.
- Provide technical assistance, exchange information and interface with Operations, Assemblers, Production, Buyers and Engineering.
- Knowledge of processors, IC’s, electronic equipment, computer hardware and software applications, electronics diagnostic skills.
- Assist with creating new tests, test procedures and processes for new product introductions from Engineering to Production.
- Perform functional and design verification testing under environmental and operational variables of temperature, humidity, shock, vibration, EMI.
- Organize and maintain inventory of parts, PCBs and sub-assemblies.
- Organizational skills, test report creation using text files, Excel, Word, Web page forms and other applications.
- Provide maintenance of test equipment and test fixtures.
- Ability to communicate test reports and findings with colleagues, good written and oral expression and comprehension.
- Any new tasks assigned by supervisor or management.
- Manufacturing/laboratory environment, use of personal safety equipment which may include: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protection, ESD heel/wrist straps or other. May at times have air compressor and/or other equipment noise.
- Two year degree in Electronics or equivalent experience in electronic technologies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour