What You Will Do:
Registered Nurse (RN) Medical IMC
Advancing the practice of nursing, every day.
At the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), a designated Magnet facility, we are a team. Nurses and doctors, specialists and therapists, work shoulder-to-shoulder to give our patients the care they deserve. We take time to celebrate each other’s contributions and treat each other with respect by valuing each other’s ideas and opinions. Ultimately, we support each other’s growth. Together, we form a world-class team dedicated to furthering the practice of patient care.
The University of Maryland Medical Center is seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RNs) with a desire to join our premier multidisciplinary team in our Medical IMC Unit. Located at the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards; you won't find a more vibrant place to work!
Nursing Graduates with a strong clinical experience in IMC or ICU through a school practicum and have a interest in beginning a nursing career in a Medical IMC focus are welcomed. They will complete the UMMC 12 month Nursing Graduate Residency Program the first year.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Minimum experience Qualifications:
- A competitive wage scale
- Up to $10,000 a year for your graduate degree at the University of Maryland School of Nursing
- An achievable professional advancement model
- A full benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental, 3 weeks vacation + sick + floating personal holidays, retirement contribution, and more!
- Prior RN experience in IMC, tele or Med/surg required.
- Nursing Graduates welcomed to apply if work exp as student in IMC or completion of Sr. practicum in IMC or telemetry focus.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to compact state requirements outlined by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.