Are you an office support professional who is looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? Join our team at Sun Communities and help us to build something special! We are looking for an Office Coordinator
to perform routine office/clerical responsibilities for one of our manufactured housing communities. You will also serve as the face of Sun Communities as you interact with current and prospective residents who come to the office with questions and concerns. This is a great entry-level opportunity to begin a career with us, as you will learn about all facets of the management of your community. We allow you the latitude to make the position your own. Apply today and take your first steps down a rewarding new career path!
Office Coordinators handle the routine office work and administrative responsibilities of the community. They are also responsible for assisting with planning and coordinating community events and activities.
Establish rapport with residents and prospective residents, field community comments, suggestions, and complaints, and forward to the appropriate manager
Prepare and distribute resident and community communications (i.e. rule reminders, violation notices, increase letters, delinquency notices, eviction paperwork, lease addendums and renewals)
Prepare bills and statements for approval
Perform administrative functions including answering phones, typing, copying, faxing, and filing
Complete and maintain community records, reports, and files
Collect and post resident security deposits, processing fees, rents, inspection or other fees; record in the proper accounts and issue receipts
Make collection calls for rental payments
Process move-ins and move-outs
Assist with the preparation of marketing materials and implementation of resident relation activities
Assist prospective residents by reviewing new and used home listings, showing homes, and assisting with applications
Forward all customer service requests to the Community Manager
Maintain petty cash fund, recording expenditures in proper accounts
As an Office Coordinator, you must be pleasant, professional and well-spoken. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. It is also important you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal abilities as well as the diplomatic skills to handle customer complaints effectively.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years secretarial/administrative experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Professional appearance
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, email, the internet, and provide data entry in a timely and efficient manner
- Previous experience using Yardi, a plus
- Property management office experience, a plus
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, cool perks, and flexibility.
- Online access to view and update personal information, review paystubs, annual W2s, and more
- Participation in company-wide SunRewards program
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- Access to hundreds of online learning modules via Sun University
- Much more!