Hi there! We're WebFX, a full-service digital marketing agency based in the US. We've been named the Best Place To Work in Pennsylvania 8 times in a row and we'd love to meet you! We are a fast-growing company that has doubled in size over the past 5 years, with talented team members now based around the globe (and representing 18+ different countries!). While we are growing at a rapid rate, we are committed to growing strategically and sustainably, and that starts with growing our team of the #BestCoworkers - that’s where you come in!
We're looking for people to join our mission to provide world-class digital marketing solutions to mid-size businesses around the world. We are passionate about what we do, we’re committed to driving business growth for our clients, and we’re on the hunt for people just like you, who take pride in their work and want to be part of a company that does too.
We have a multi-step interview process, where we focus on giving both our candidates, and ourselves, opportunities to get to know each other a bit better. While our process may be more thorough and perhaps longer than other interview processes that you've been a part of, our goal is to work together with our candidates to find a mutually beneficial fit, where a candidate is a great addition to the FXFamily, and WebFX is the right fit for their career goals. Interested in joining the FXFamily? More info below!
Why Choose WebFX as the Place to Grow Your Web Development Career?
Join an award-winning Interactive team (multiple awards won in Horizon Interactive Awards, Hermes Creative Awards, Commuter Awards, W3 Awards) that promotes a culture of design and development excellence
- Sharpen your development skills through hands-on training, lunch and learns and direct team member coaching and mentorship
- Enjoy a high-level of variety in your development work, as our developers regularly work on 250+ projects per year for clients from a wide range of industries!
You Might Be a Great Fit For This Position if You Have…
A Bachelor’s Degree
Successful Fxers in this role have majored in computer science and related fields
GPA above 3.4
A Few Related Skills and Experiences
(This is an entry-level role, and experience in every one of these areas is not required - training is provided on all core platforms, tools, and technologies you will need to know! But the following skills/experience are awesome to have, and will help get your career off to a running start:):
Part-time/summer job/internship experience is a must
Project-level experience with at least one open-source CMS platform (Wordpress, etc)
Experience with Google CloudProficiency in a LAMP Environment
Experience with both OOP and procedural programming methodologies
Experience with CCS Frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Intuit, etc.)
Experience with JS Frameworks (JQuery, React, Vue, Backbone, etc.)
Experience with Git Version control (or other version control software)
Experience with package management and Task Runners (NPM, Yarn, Gulp, Grunt)
Experience with browser testing using built-in developer tools
Familiarity with e-commerce solutions, methodologies, and best practices
Previous digital agency experience
Note: Our web-based projects use a variety of frameworks selected on a per-project basis. Some of the more popular frameworks our team leverages in projects are WordPress, Bootstrap, and Google Functions. (Training will be provided on all of our core platforms, tools, and technologies!)
Any of these Signature FXer Traits!
You’re passionate about web/software development - you even find yourself spending your free time tinkering and learning new technologies!
You’re comfortable with both object-oriented and procedural programming methodologies
You’re committed to delivering high-quality projects for clients
You enjoy variety, and like the challenge of working on multiple projects
You’re comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
You take direction well, but aren’t afraid to take initiative and make decisions
You see yourself as a problem-solver, and face challenges with a can-do mindset
You put the customer and their goals first
You have an interest in the web and stay up-to-date on new and developing technologies
You are a professional, dependable, and independent worker with a solid work ethic
You’re self-motivated, thrive on challenges, and enjoy getting things done
You have an eye for detail and dedication to high-quality work
You have an exceptional level of follow-through
You possess excellent time/project management skills
You work with a sense of urgency and can consistently meet deadlines
You are an outstanding communicator and possess strong interpersonal skills
You are a lifelong learner who loves to grow and stretch outside of your comfort zone, and are always looking to improve your skills
If any of these sound like you, then we want to hear from you! We are committed to growing 1% better everyday, and we believe working at WebFX could quite possibly make your life 1(00)% better - after all, you would be surrounded by the #BestCoworkersinPA!
In This Role, You’ll Get To…
Program, implement, test, and support a variety of web-based projects using the LAMP solution stack of software
- Program, develop, and produce data-driven web applications and websites using machine learning and the latest technology solutions and software
- Consult with clients and other team members to ensure the use of effective internet-based technologies for enterprise business applications
- Perform debugging and problem-solving across a wide variety of open-source platforms
A Typical ‘Day in the Life’ Might Consist of:
10% consulting with other team members and clients
40% building new functionality into client website builds, and more
50% performing maintenance and debugging
100% pursuing your own personal best while delivering real-world impact for our clients
What You’ll Get From Us!
Opportunities to Learn and Train With Our Team!
- Our “Bootcamp” training program will be provided for new FXers to learn, grow and develop both in and out of the office in the specific hard skills necessary to be successful in their position
- World class on-the-job training from the experts (think Sr. Developers, not the HR team) as well as opportunities for ongoing personal learning and development
- On-site, state-of-the-art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, industry-related updates, and monthly Lunch-and-Learns.
A Place to Grow Your Career
WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years, and we promote almost exclusively internally. Merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant for new FXers who meet or exceed position performance metrics
Potential promotional path for Jr. Web Developer:
Associate Web Developer
Associate Lead Web Developer
Lead Web Developer
Sr. Web Developer
$55,000 -$60,000 (potentially higher based on work experience)
Potential additional bonus may be offered for GPA's of 3.8+ or graduating with high honors
Why Choose WebFX?
We've been named the Best Place To Work in Pennsylvania 8 years in a row \uD83C\uDF89
- We're expanding! New offices in Guatemala, South Africa, St Petersburg FL, and Lancaster and York, PA! \uD83C\uDF31\uD83D\uDCC8
- Entry-level roles - over 90% of our openings are open to brand new college grads! \uD83C\uDF93
- Flexible Schedule (start your day between 8 and 10 am - when you do your best work!)
- Love animals? Cool, so do we! That's why we have a Pet Friendly Office \uD83D\uDC36
- Profit Sharing \uD83D\uDCB0
- Need that caffeine fix? On-site cappuccino machine, Little Amps Coffee Bar (with a barista!) & Tea Bar
- Looking for a little extra workday fuel? Enjoy surprise catered breakfasts, lunches, mid-day snacks, and more!
- On-site Yoga sessions- On-site Fitness Center \uD83C\uDFCB️ ️
- 150% Company Match Of Personal Charity Donations
- Our #FXBuilds program is set to positively impact 10,000 people around the world by 2024 - and every individual FXer’s work directly contributes! \uD83C\uDF0D
- Supplemental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401K (up to 4%) \uD83D\uDCB0
- Generous Paid Time Off \uD83C\uDFD6
- Employee Wellness Program, including a free FitBit and fitness challenges \uD83D\uDC5F
- Love to learn? You sound like an FXer! FXLearns Library with hundreds of personal and professional growth books \uD83D\uDCDA
- Humanitarian Trips ✈️
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- New Parent Support \uD83D\uDC76\uD83C\uDFFF\uD83D\uDC76
- Dressing up everyday not for you? We get it! Enjoy our Casual Dress Code
- Home Buyer Program \uD83C\uDFE1
- Personal Desk Fund \uD83D\uDCB0
- Green Commute Benefits
- Pawternity Leave \uD83D\uDC31
- Merit-based promotions (we promote from within, you will move up and grow here!)
- The opportunity to be part of a passionate, driven team where we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality work that makes a real-world impact for our clients
Check out our culture on social media:
You don't need to apply more than once even if you're interested in multiple positions - you can simply let us know! We consider all open roles when reviewing resumes and applications!
WebFX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing and fostering an inclusive environment where all people, including women, minorities, LGBTQ+ and other underrepresented groups are supported, respected, and encouraged to excel within STEM careers. Our goal as an organization is to empower our team to achieve their personal best, bring people together, and provide equal opportunity to do so regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical ability or disability, or political affiliation. You can learn more on our website here!