Making a difference in a child’s life is the most rewarding experience one can have during their professional career. The YMCA of South Florida is looking for enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated site supervisors to work with children in Broward County. The Site Supervisor is responsible for the complete program management of a particular after school/day camp site. The Site Supervisor is responsible for the overall operations of their after school/day camp site including; participant and parent relationships, organizing and administering files and records necessary for the program, supervision of staff, creation of program activities, collecting fees and keeping track of supplies.
- Provide overall leadership, supervision and quality control to the site.
- Create a positive atmosphere, which boosts self-esteem and general self-concept of all participants.
- Plan/implement well-organized and well-varied activities based on the mandated curriculum.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with parents about the program and their child’s participation. Inform parents when there is a behavior problem that cannot be addressed adequately through verbal correction.
- Cooperate fully with school personnel to use facilities properly.
- Work with the YMCA Afterschool Program Manager to ensure that all standards required by the funding agencies and the YMCA are complied with fully.
- Maintain individual participant records as required by licensing standards and/or YMCA policies.
- Monitor daily attendance sheets and see that they are kept organized and accurate.
- Report all incidents and accidents within 24 hours to the corporate office.
- Adhere to the Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting requirements which mandate by law all child care personnel to report suspicions of child abuse, neglect, or abandonment. The YMCA requires employees to follow the internal reporting procedures with the assistance of the Program Managers.
- Ensure that the proper staff to child ratios are maintained at all times and reports discrepancies to the Site Supervisor as needed.
- Collect fees as appropriate
- A high school diploma or GED and preferably one of the following educational requirements:
- Post-secondary level vocational certificate in child care through the State of Florida - level vocational certificate in child care through State of Florida - Department of Education.
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college/university in appropriate area; as documented by transcripts and/or degree.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a licensed child care/day camp facility which includes direct contact with children and supervision of staff.
- Ability to relate to both children and adults; understand, practice and model YMCA Character Development values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- The Site Supervisor of a licensed child care facility must be at least 21 years-old at the time of hire
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have completed the following DCF Training:
- The 30 Hour Training Requirement consisting of (a) Child Growth and Development, (b) Health, Safety and Nutrition, (c) Child Care Facility State and Local Rules and Regulations, (d) Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect, and (e) Behavior Observation and Screening.
- The 10 Hour Developmentally Appropriate Module (Preferred- School Age Appropriate Practices).
- Active CPR and First Aid certification
As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit to and satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background screening.
The YMCA of South Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Special Needs Childcare: 2 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Temporarily due to COVID-19