Join NBCUniversal Cyber Security and help us design and implement DNS and related network security services that enable and protect the experience of our businesses.
This role is a part of the Cyber Security Platforms team, responsible for network security technology that supports the entire NBCUniversal enterprise. You'll be responsible for design and engineering of DNS and related network security services that provide visibility and defend the network at all layers.
Drive design and implementation projects to completion related to infrastructure focused on delivering DNS services to the Enterprise and the Internet.
Monitor the “DNS service” for all aspects of reliability and performance. Leverage metrics to appropriately scale and roadmap the service.
Support and mentor more junior staff members to improve the overall level of service delivered by the DNS team.
Work closely with the NBC Universal Cyber Defense Organization to glean valuable information security insights from DNS activity and other log data.
Work to improve adjacent network services like DHCP and IPAM
Draft engineering documentation, runbooks, guidelines and procedures in order for others to support DNS services on their own.
Serve as an escalation point for DNS service-related incidents and a resource for information security incidents where DNS data or configuration is useful in the incident response process.
This role can be remote
- A deep understanding of network security principles and how to apply them in the DDI space.
- A deep understanding of the Domain Name System and critical core concepts of BIND based software.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience designing and implementing Infoblox DDI in large enterprises with complex networks.
- Experience working with 3rd party internet DNS hosting services.
- An understanding of cloud DNS like Route 53 and Azure DNS. Confidence in supporting DNS interoperability in hybrid cloud architectures.
- Strong knowledge of DNS security and tools that assist in protection from DNS based threats like Palo Alto DNS Sinkhole, InfoBlox BloxOne Threat Defense or Cisco Umbrella.
- Experience migrating DNS services to or from Microsoft DNS and knowledge of how that impacts an Active Directory domain.
- A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo.
- Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on functionality that matters.
- Leverage data to drive design and risk decisions using various sources and basic analytics to create clear metrics and reports.
- Experience managing security services or infrastructure in the media and entertainment industry.
- Ability to read and write basic logic in any scripting or programming language to manipulate data or communicate with an API.
- Experience working with brand reputation services and leveraging external domain management.
- Firm knowledge of ITSM tools and processes with a clear vision on how to apply service management principles to DNS.
- A clear understanding of securing infrastructure in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
See List Below
Centennial - Colorado, Denver - Colorado, Englewood Cliffs - New Jersey, New York - New York, Orlando - Florida, Philadelphia - Pennsylvania, Remote, Universal City - California
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.