JOB SUMMARY: The temporary position is in the Vector Production Core in the Technical Operation group. The candidate will be part of a virus production/process development team producing and purifying viral vectors.
- Maintain, transfect, and transduce mammalian cell lines
- Produce, purify, quantify, and characterize viral vectors
- Manipulate viral vectors in BSL1 cell culture
- Analyze and present data, maintain appropriate records of experiments.
- Maintain lab supplies and help with lab organization
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or higher in biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company.
- Hands on expertise in mammalian tissue culture
- Experience with viral production and purification preferred, but not required
- Ability to maintain databases in Excel and Access
- Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with moderate supervision
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Preferred but not required
- Experience in PCR, cloning or sequencing
- Ability to write, review and follow SOPs
- Familiarity with QA/QC procedures
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 /hour
- mammalian cell culture: 1 year
Required work authorization: