The goals of the Clinical Informatics internship are to:
(1) deepen the intern’s knowledge of the operational challenges involved in administrating a complex, multi-institutional suite of clinical informatics tools, (2) collaborate in the evolution of existing tools and in the development and implementation of new clinical informatics solutions, and (3) gain exposure to the management discussions that drive the health system towards the forefront of medical information technology.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Assists with the transition of the health system to an integrated inpatient electronic medical record (EMR) and aids in the development of mobile health technologies. Handles other responsibilities and assignments based on changing demands in the department.
Minimum Requirements:Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Completion or current enrollment in clinical degree program (RN/NP/PA/RPh/MD etc) and clinical experience strongly preferred.
- Broad understanding of various clinical services and information/work flow associated with each
- Ability to understand and describe clinical processes and needs and transform them into scope and/or requirements during the development of functionality and application processes
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills required.
- Process improvement and project management skills
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes
- Ability to effectively implement projects
- Ability to work independently and utilize good judgment and timing in deciding which situations require Manager involvement
- Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems
- Ability to interact with all levels of healthcare personnel to include: IT management staff, consulting staff, clinicians, clinical administrators, etc.
- Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service
- Must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Clinical applications experience in either an application support or implementation role preferred
- Familiarity with the processes surrounding Patient Care Outcomes and Quality Improvement
- Familiarity with direct patient care processes and workflow
- Experience in coding in C++, Java, or Python preferred
- Knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques such as decision trees, neural networks, graphical models, clustering, dimension reduction, and deep generative models preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.