- Associate's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Management Experience
- Driver's License
- Compliance Management
- Program Development
- Physical Examinations
The Regional Vice President provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that their areas of responsibility have the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and personnel systems in place to effectively grow their organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
As the region’s senior leader, supports the clinical operations of multiple rehabilitation practices throughout the region (potentially multi-state), and functions as a member of the Company’s senior management team in providing leadership for the Company, in alignment with our mission and values.
Clinical and Compliance Management:
- Assures all residents needs are met, treatment is well-documented to company standard, good outcomes are achieved, and the practices operate efficiently
- Provides in-services and training to facility clinical staff as needed
- Functions as a resource for clinical program, caseload development, education & training
- Provides ongoing training on electronic documentation system and billing processes
- Completes Quarterly Documentation Audits for each practice
- Participates in Cross Region Documentation Audits as requested
- Schedules RD conference calls / meetings for communication & training as needed
- Collaborates with QAC, Clinical Strategies and Denials teams as needed for growth and improvement
- Fosters excellence in customer relationships and meets with and maintains relationships with key facility leadership through regular written, verbal and in-person communications.
- Completes interim and EOM Analysis and facilitates monthly strategic operations reviews with RDs and customers
- Addresses customer and employee concerns in timely manner and communicates issues to Senior Management as needed
- Facilitates quarterly strategic operations reviews with customer senior management team members for customers
- Reinforces communications from the Company regarding regulatory and other industry updates
- Participates in facility rehab budgeting process
Marketing & Growth:
- Assures the overall clinical, operational, and financial success of each program and region
- Achieves optimal program performance through mentoring, problem-solving, brainstorming, and supervising facility Rehab Directors (RDs)
- Visits all assigned facilities regularly with availability to RDs and customers via phone and email on an ongoing basis
- Utilizes therapy management systems to track key metrics and optimize program performance
- Participates in other senior management functions as needed to assure customer and company success
Human Resource Management:
- Participates in marketing activities with existing customers as appropriate
- Identifies region growth opportunities in conjunction with Business Development & Operations
- Participates in meetings with prospective customers as requested
- Facilitates rollouts of new contracts
- Participates in health care conferences, tradeshows and as requested
- Assures compliance and integrity in all aspects of region and program performance
- Assures effective and efficient coordination of staff among facilities, including utilization of Company temporary staff
- Works with Recruiting to assure appropriate staffing levels to cover patient caseload and facilitate program growth as needed through candidate identification, interviews, hiring, and orientation
- Visits area colleges and universities in conjunction with recruiting efforts
- Facilitates student internships
- Completes performance reviews for Company RDs and temporary staff, and contributes to performance reviews for customer employed RDs
- Assures staff clinical competencies, including compliance with continuing education requirements, licensure and credentialing
- Ability to identify and recruit talent that exemplifies the goals of the organization; along with the capability to identify needs of staff for the goal of retention
- This position manages all RM/RD’s within their region and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within their region.
- This job operates in a professional healthcare environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.
- However, this position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
- This position requires frequent travel, could include up to 80% travel or greater, based on need.
- Travel, at times, required with little to no notice.
- Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Please note this job description is not designed to completely cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelors, Master’s Degree and or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech and Language Pathology or an Associate’s Degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant or an Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Current license in the state(s) assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of rehabilitation experience
- MDS certification (RAC-CT) or other advanced certification preferred
- Proven leadership and program development/supervisory experience, including multi-site management experience, including cross continuum practices
- Knowledge of state, federal and therapy practice act legislation/law and accreditation standards
- Interdisciplinary management and understanding essential
- Must pass Medical and Physical examination based on job qualifications, requirements and duties/responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license and means of personal transportation to service multi state geography as defined from time to time
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within a fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- An individual with excellent credibility, values and character and possess the highest ethical standards
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Highly intelligent and analytical. Someone who can manage oftentimes complicated and multi-dimensional operating scenarios
- Highly results-oriented with the ability to overachieve business objectives
- Must demonstrate initiative, possess a strong desire to succeed, and willingness to exert the extraordinary effort that will be required
- An effective team member and team player within a close-knit and entrepreneurial management team
- Self-directed, flexible and a willingness and desire to learn
- Strategic Thinking
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Leadership skills
- Results Driven
- Financial Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Collaboration Skills
- Relationship Management
- Presentation Skills
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Teamwork Orientation
- Project Management