- Job Summary
- The position will develop manufacturing processes and tolling design for composite parts and fabrication.
- Create written and illustrated manufacturing plans, bills of material and outside purchase specifications per engineering drawings/specifications.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes and tooling improvements for composite parts.
- Communicate with Customer to resolve engineering issues related to manufacturing processes, drawings, and specifications.
- Assume Project Management responsibilities when directed.
- Participate in MRB review of discrepant parts including Cause & Corrective Actions.
- Coordinate fabrication and maintenance of tools.
- Coordinate new and current business requirements with Production and Quality.
- Support Production in delivery of products to Customers on schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience/Skills Required
- B.S. Degree in Engineering required, Mechanical, Civil or Aeronautical preferred.
- 5 to 7 years Composite Manufacture Engineering experience.
- Product design and development experience preferred.
- Composites and fracture experience preferred.
- Ability to be “Hands-On” and roll up sleeves to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills required.
- Familiarity with ISO, UL, AS9100 and NADCAP desired.
- Must be computer literate: Autocad and 3D design software (SolidWorks) a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Newton, KS 67114 (Required)