Posting Date Jul 23, 2019
Job Number 19000VY4
Job Category Retail & Gift Shops
Location The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, 8301 Hollister Avenue, Santa Barbara, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Retail Manager – Individual Contributor
Functional Job Family:
Primary Job Family:
Responsible for the management of a single retail outlet within a hotel. Establishes the merchandise and sales plans for the store and coordinates buying and pricing efforts for appropriate retail categories in conjunction with Corporate Retail Services. Oversees the development of product and physical layout of the store and helps establish retail goals for the property. Position works to successfully execute retail operations, continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the retail or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Fashion Merchandising, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the retail or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Department Operations and Budgets
- Manages day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets, and payroll progress reports.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Purchases merchandise to be used or sold by organization.
- Manages all inventory control.
- Monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Ensures all Retail employees follow cash control procedures.
- Ensures all retail store records are maintained on a timely basis, including sales reports, invoices, end-of period reports, etc.
- Helps to develop and implement strategic plans for the retail store operation.
- Maintains proper purchasing techniques for appropriate retail categories.
- Maintains items at appropriate stock levels.
- Oversees store appearance, cleanliness and maintains visual merchandising standards and impact.
- Ensures that all employees have the proper uniforms, supplies and equipment.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Establishes standardized merchandise, display and pricing standards.
- Ensures employees understand and comply with loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Participates as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Providing information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.