*Reporting to the Director of HR & Administration, the Receptionist is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. Also responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities. Responsible for assisting with internal office moves and providing arrangements for office meetings.
*Essential Functions (include, but not limited to)
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Initial point of contact for the organization for people calling and coming into the office.
- Greets and announces visitors, confirms that the visitors are approached in a reasonable manner and time. Follows procedures for recording visitors.
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Responsible for scheduling the usage of the various conference rooms within the office suite.
- Responsible for assisting other administrative staff with organizing the large conference room for meetings and accepting and distributing any deliveries for meetings (i.e. lunches)
- Post mail using the postage machine and prepare UPS packages for delivery.
- Performs general clerical duties associated with distributing office faxes. Uses tracking systems to record inbound and outbound couriers, and arranges messenger services as needed.
- Maintains neat appearance reception area, conference rooms and other commons areas. May request building and housekeeping services as needed.
- Participate as needed in special department projects.
- Participate as needed at DC-CAP special events, which may include working on some weekends or after regularly scheduled hours.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of and proficiency on telephone and voicemail systems, including basic and advanced functions
- Articulate telephone manner and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures for conference room and food service scheduling
- Ability to handle difficult situations with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated professionalism, poise and confidence
- Ability to operate office equipment and technology used on a regular basis, including computers and telephones
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with a wide range of people in a team setting
- Strong service orientation
DC-CAP offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Please include salary requirements and references with your resume. Please no phone inquiries.
Job Type: Full-time