The mission of the Microsoft Retail Stores is to profitably showcase Microsoft technology and illuminate our innovation story, by transforming the buying and ownership experience for Microsoft devices, software and services.
A successful Assistant Buyer will be responsible for helping the category buyer to build and grow business for the Microsoft Stores. This includes helping to drive the assortment, promotions and relationships necessary to build upon our existing merchandising strategy for both the brick-and-mortar and online Microsoft Store efforts.
As we expand our store base and continue to improve our experiences online, an effective multi-channel business strategy is pivotal to our success. Effectively assorting the right products for the stores means striking a fine balance between establishing a unique and innovative selection to drive interest and traffic and a selection of product that will drive meaningful increases in revenues and affinity for the stores.
Success in this role will be measured by:
- Assist Category Buyer with product assortment for Microsoft Stores (B&M and online)
- Comp shopping
- Item set up
- Promo set up
- Run and maintain a variety of reports to help analyze the business
- Maintain category promotion calendar (rolling 12 months)
- Participate in supplier calls and meetings to help run the business
- Help merch Store 0 to establish future store sets
- Track and monitor technology blogs to ensure we are staying ahead of the curve on products and trends
- Category sales/ revenue growth
- Increasing profitability of category - Managing P&L
- Customer satisfaction with merchandise selection
- Consistent visibility to pricing in market
- Accuracy of item and promotional set ups
- Timely assortment of innovative product
- Best in class Assortment
- Build and maintain strategic OEM relationships
An Assistant Buyer needs to possess a solid track record of effort, results and a passion for technology. We’re looking someone who loves finding the latest and greatest new technology products and has an interest and desire to learn how to be a merchant.
- +2 years of buying, merchandising or related retail experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated track record of driving results with integrity
- Principled and transparent approach to decision making and communications
- Keen knowledge and ability to effectively analyze and apply findings about industry dynamics
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Passionate interest in technology and products
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.