DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
The Department of Revenue’s mission is serving taxpayers.
Our vision is funding Arizona’s future through excellence in innovation, customer service and continuous improvement.
Visit our website at www.azdor.gov
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY TODAY!!
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service
If you have a passion for continuous improvement and making a difference in the State of Arizona, we encourage you to apply today!
Apply By: Position Will Remain Open Until Business Needs are Met.
The Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) is currently seeking an Assistant Director to direct and oversee the Taxpayer Services Division of the Agency. The person in this position plays a vital role by:
· Formulating administrative and program policy’s in support of the agency’s short and long term goals.
· Making recommendations to the Director and Deputy Director related to the agency’s strategic plan and oversee the executive level functions of the division.
· Direct, develop, implement and evaluate the division’s activities to ensure that they operate in compliance with federal and state statues and department policy.
· Developing and monitoring the division budget and expenditures.
· Provides strategic leadership for the delivery of customer services and program management, ensuring that the needs of the taxpayers are addressed and that the services/operations conform to statue.
· Acting as the department’s representative in substantive matters with the IRS and other state, federal, tribal, city and local government agencies and the general public.
· Directing, leading, managing in the development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of lean principles and projects for the division.
· This position will utilize a structured approach to identify and eliminate non value added process steps with the assigned department and make recommendations to integrate lean methods into the overall continuous improvement strategy of the agency.
The preferred candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration or other related field. Other combinations of educations and experience that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. Minimum of five years’ experience managing teams in a customer service environment. Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, etc. Demonstrated leadership abilities, including the ability to coach, develop and motivate employees in a fast paced environment. Flexibility, adaptive to change and ability to communicate change in a positive manner.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
· Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
· Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
· Accrued vacation pay and sick days
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Deferred compensation plan
· Credit union membership
· Wellness plans
Selected candidate will be required to:
· Undergo a criminal history investigation.
· Tax filing records will be checked prior to job offer.
· All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification program.
Arizona Department of Revenue offers employees a positive, results-oriented work environment that promotes continuous training and development.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700 for assistance.