Requisition ID: (18010979)
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Job Function: Manufacturing & Operations
Job Posting Date: Aug 1, 2018, 3:35:12 PM
Under minimal supervision of the Production Manager, the Sr. Planner creates, maintains and adjusts the production schedule using a combination of demand planning inputs, production and supplier capacity inputs and strategic business goals. The Sr. Planner works closely with production, customer service, sales teams, procurement, and plant operations personnel to meet customer needs and corporate objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Manage applicable performance indicators, such as on-time delivery to promise, on time delivery to request (OTDP and OTDR) and late backlog pareto.
- Develop and communicate production forecasts for Sales and Operations planning.
- Support the Project Management and Quotation teams with lead times, expedite requests and order status updates.
- Maintain the Master Schedule by scheduling orders (and Re-scheduling when appropriate to achieve level load, efficiency and OTD goals.
- Manage late orders, identify shortages and work with the Materials and Strategic Procurement teams to provide effective solutions.
- Support level loading, line rate capacity, and overtime management goals.
- Establish and implement annual continuous improvement and cost reduction / containment initiatives.
- Provide support in managing inventory levels and inventory turns.
- Support new product/program launches, Engineering change Orders (ECO’s) and product phase out.
- Support special projects as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or Engineering preferred.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of five to seven years of experience in production scheduling/planning in a manufacturing environment required
- Knowledge of Materials, Planning and Lean manufacturing systems required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess organizational and communication skills.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.